inquizitive minds would like to know

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
cessna lover

inquizitive minds would like to know

Post by cessna lover »

what is the length of the propeller blade from the tip to the hub on the P-51D? what is the width of the landing gear from tire to tire? and why does it have diamond shaped treads on the tires? I am asking just cause I would like to get to know more about the P-51D. and believe it or not I have come up with no answer from google. theses are just thoughts I have and I thought I would come here seeing how there are guys here who have flown a P-51 before. :D

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: inquizitive minds would like to know

Post by DHenriques_ »

cessna lover wrote:what is the length of the propeller blade from the tip to the hub on the P-51D? what is the width of the landing gear from tire to tire? and why does it have diamond shaped treads on the tires? I am asking just cause I would like to get to know more about the P-51D. and believe it or not I have come up with no answer from google. theses are just thoughts I have and I thought I would come here seeing how there are guys here who have flown a P-51 before. :D
The Mustang uses a 24D50 hub that takes several blade sets. Mine were 6547A blades and measured 11 feet 2 inches tip to tip.
Never measured the distance between the mains. Tires come with different treads.
Dudley Henriques

cessna lover

Re: inquizitive minds would like to know

Post by cessna lover »

ah ok. thank you

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”