P-51 problems

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply

Did you ever had any problems with either of the A2A P-51's?

Yes, I managed to solve them.
14%
Yes, I stopped using the P-51 because these problems.
14%
No.
73%

Total votes: 22

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

P-51 problems

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I'm curious, how many of you had problems with the P-51's.

Please, this is not a discussion, please state nature of the problem and how they were solved
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P-51 problems

Post by Tomas Linnet »

I had problems after an update. Rudder was unresponsive, complete reinstall of the P-51 Military solved it. Civilian version was perfectly OK, as well as my other A2A Accu-Sim addons.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Yeah, Tomas. Recently had to uninstall FSX-SE. Everything installs fine except the P-51 Military (don't have the Civilian). The update folder has been deleted. Re-install goes smoothly, Accusim installs as usual. Update installs as usual. But when I load the P-51, I have no parking brake.
If I depress the toe brakes and pull the brake handle it always just snaps back to the firewall...and there are none of the usual sounds associated with activating the parking brake. Yesterday, I got the parking brake to function on a fresh re-install, but then I had no rudder steering, and looking at the rudder externally, the deflection animation with full rudder application was almost nil. This happened twice yesterday. Today is another five attempts, all with clean un-installs and update folder deleted. The same results for every install: rudder steering works, but no parking brake.
I keep thinking I must be missing something on the re-install because it had been working beautifully for months! Honestly, though, its pretty simple and I don't think I'm missing any steps.
I guess I can live with that, as long as I can steer when accelerating. Really strange and a bit of unhappiness. Just another data point for A2A... if they're tracking this at all!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Jacques wrote:Yeah, Tomas. Recently had to uninstall FSX-SE. Everything installs fine except the P-51 Military (don't have the Civilian). The update folder has been deleted. Re-install goes smoothly, Accusim installs as usual. Update installs as usual. But when I load the P-51, I have no parking brake.
If I depress the toe brakes and pull the brake handle it always just snaps back to the firewall...and there are none of the usual sounds associated with activating the parking brake. Yesterday, I got the parking brake to function on a fresh re-install, but then I had no rudder steering, and looking at the rudder externally, the deflection animation with full rudder application was almost nil. This happened twice yesterday. Today is another five attempts, all with clean un-installs and update folder deleted. The same results for every install: rudder steering works, but no parking brake.
I keep thinking I must be missing something on the re-install because it had been working beautifully for months! Honestly, though, its pretty simple and I don't think I'm missing any steps.
I guess I can live with that, as long as I can steer when accelerating. Really strange and a bit of unhappiness. Just another data point for A2A... if they're tracking this at all!
If you can post in a thread in the 51 tech support forum your issues we could help you troubleshoot.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

I had a problem with the P-51 after an update and found that I had to re-calibrate my stick and throttle. I'm using a Saitek X52 Pro. After that no more problems. I think that I may have done a sim connect also.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”