Civilian Mustang - too many issues to enjoy :( [RESOLVED]

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Re: Civilian Mustang - too many issues to enjoy :(

Post by sloppysmusic »

"But one thing is absolutely sure: Accusim does not work at all on your computer at the moment."

Just loaded up the Cherokee and Comanche. Accusim panel shows DAMAGE ON. It has definitely been working fine with these planes.
Plugs get fouled if I waste too much time on rich on ground. Plus usual maintenance stuff. Plus they fly great!

"You have FSX Steam, right ? Then you might want to retrigger the SimConnect.msi install program that is located into the FSX\SDK\Core Utilities Kit\SimConnect SDK\LegacyInterfaces\FSX-XPACK"

When I installed the Steam version I followed instructions to run all 3 simconnect legacy modules. The main one and 2 in sub folders if i remember correctly.
Should I run them again after installing accusim?

Interesting when I just loaded Comanche i got green message saying simconnect module failed to load. When i restarted sim didnt show again.

Should i run the SC modules again BEFORE or AFTER installing the P51? Wont do any harm installing them multiple times?

Daube
Staff Sergeant

Post by Daube »

Ah sorry, then I miread the topic. I thought you were getting problems with the Comanche too.
So, if I understand correctly, the Cherokee and Comanche are working fine, including their Accusim module, but the Mustang is out of order, is that correct ?
If the Cherokee and Comanche are working fine, then we can exclude the simconnect-related problems. Else they wouldn't work properly.

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

"So, if I understand correctly, the Cherokee and Comanche are working fine, including their Accusim module, but the Mustang is out of order, is that correct ?"

That is absolutely correct. Both planes are joyous, made several videos on my YT channel of the Cherokee then decided I was going to do a video tour of the world with the Civ Mustang at 4k res high scenery settings and A2A planes (the idea was ALL of them).
Sadly it all went wrong but ONLY on this plane (but I dont have time to tour the world in the Pipers!.

I'm going to buy the T6 Texan tonight. It doesnt have the speed I need right now for scenery skipping, but its the most recent plane so will be a good test to see if that works fine too.
I want the P40 and Spitfire bad Im getting the T6 first to check I got rudder before trying an 'older' plane again.

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

Postscript.

Contacted devs for refund. Heard back from them. Havent checked if its processed yet but I trust these honest people. Kept my promise and immediately purchased another A2A plane (had planned to get every Accusim product within 2 years, and do world tour starting soon with the smaller planes and OrbX.

T6 Texan acquired tonight.

Install went sweet. Read manual offline first to get plane 'in my head' before loading sim. Loaded sim, set FSUIPC controls up. Followed manual referring to charts for climb/cruise/descent.

Chose kinda boring hop from NSTU to NSFA so I could get hang of trimming the plane. Everything was PERFECT!

Most stressful and exciting was the moment I started taxiing (after a week of no rudder/tailwheel).

Power increase, apply rudder pedals and......I TURNED! YAY!!!!!!!

So I now have my first taildragger from A2A working perfectly "out the box". Tailwheel steering was so accurate didnt even need toe brakes except for run way line up.
Take off a breeze. Plane stayed on runway whole time, nose came up sweet, rudder became active. GOLDEN!

Decided to record my first landing out of excitement, and to be judged of course :) (watch for the parking brake and donut..sorry ground loop on runway failure!)
I am going to enjoy this plane. Was not the what I planned for in order, as slow as (insert word of choice here) but makes fun alternative from the Pipers...backfires! Lovely!

So I am happy again with a new A2A plane. Intend to get the P40 in next day or so, probably tomorrow. See if an 'older' plane from P51 era will work.
Newer installs of course install accusim together with plane as one package. i ran the jan 17 update before flying. no problems there either.

One day I will get the P51, my plane of choice, working. Until then 1 success at a time.

Thanks y'all for your patience, well most of you!

Sloppy/Russ

https://youtu.be/K1SCKfu6Q60

My first ever Texan landing after first flight. Probably ready 0115 EST . Warts and all video either way aircraft flawless, only errors by me!

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Russ,

Looking at your videos, it appears in the beginning the rudder wasn't working as shown when you turned left off the runway and continued left until it stopped. But, it appears later this was fixed here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUsP-W6 ... e=youtu.be

You can see the airplane starts to turn left, however, it took you a full three seconds to respond to this movement. In the real airplane and our sim, you need to respond to this in a fraction of a second and do so carefully and with anticipation. These high powered tail draggers are very challenging to and we program for that.

The T-6 should be easier to takeoff due to less torque, and as hard if not harder to land, so you should have your hands full with the T-6 for a while on landing especially. Just be patient and give it time.

I refunded your money for the Mustang as I don't think this aircraft was a good fit to begin with.

Regards,
Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Re: Civilian Mustang - too many issues to enjoy :( [RESOLVED

Post by sloppysmusic »

"You can see the airplane starts to turn left, however, it took you a full three seconds to respond to this movement. In the real airplane and our sim, you need to respond to this in a fraction of a second and do so carefully and with anticipation. These high powered tail draggers are very challenging to and we program for that."

Please post the exact time of the moment you are talking about. My reactions in real life are superb BTW. My love of motorcycles, roller and ice skating, whilst avoiding murderous cars and kids at the rink can attest to this (I have excellent motor skills and hand/eye coordination).

https://youtu.be/CyCyGSVNxhI

Please note my second flight with the T6 above. In the dark to an unlit airfield. Will take some time to master indeed but to do this on only my 2nd flight looks promising. But...to be fair I DID have a working rudder this time!

"The T-6 should be easier to takeoff due to less torque, and as hard if not harder to land, so you should have your hands full with the T-6 for a while on landing especially. Just be patient and give it time. "

1st two takeoffs dreamy. Not sure why it would be hard to land from my first two, perfectly to the numbers for sure, but it does whatever I ask it to. In both flights I turned game capture on, which is always distracting when learning new plane, yet somehow managed to land straight and safely (only after landing did I ground loop...which was fun...having a tailwheel and rudder under my command I will get better I'm sure!)

"I refunded your money for the Mustang as I don't think this aircraft was a good fit to begin with."
Way to ruin a good start to the day with that condescending remark.
This literally reads you refunded my money because you believe I'm incompetent, not that there is a problem with the install/simconnect. You even say there WAS a problem that seems to magically fix itself. Did you miss the following video?

https://youtu.be/ZRAQetaqWh4

How could I show the problem more clearly? Rudder animation turns, tailwheel does not (it DOES turn on the Texan, and it turns plane as SOON as its start rolling). Going at 20kts max here and I have no steering at all except toe brakes?

I'm still going to fly more of your planes, and make videos showing how much fun I have flying them, and how much they are ALL a match for me. You threw down the glove there!

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

http://www.a2asimulations.com/forum/vie ... 94&t=56947

"There must be 5 separate threads in the last few months on the P51 tech support all reporting non functional tailwheel steering

The rudder is functional in external views of the aircraft

The control lock is off

There is no tail wheel steering even if the joystick is positioned fully forwards and it i impossible to steer the aircraft on the ground

I have deleted the A2A folder, including the updates folders and reinstalled the Aircraft, Accusim and the latest 2016 update and I still cannot steer the aircraft on the ground. I've had this problem occur before and only managed to resolve the issue by sheer luck and perseverance.

With all the separate threads describing the same circumstances on here, it's really time you guys at A2A sorted this problem out. It's extremely frustrating and it's been going on for a long time now."

"After 3 hours and several attempts reinstalling the software and updates last night, I got the ground steering working and I can steer the aircraft on the ground. However, there doesn't seem to be any definitive reason why these problems are happening which makes it very frustrating."

EXACTLY the same to the WORD problems i have been having. maybe I should keep reinstalling the plane and simconnect over and over until it works for me?

What is the definitive solution to this problem with ground steering?

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

As pointed out before in this thread, the damage NA shows an accusim install problem I believe.
I have installed to the letter in instructions.

P51
P51 Accusim
Global AS update (jan 17)

I'm going to focus on getting that to show ON like my 3 other A2A planes do. no point in doing anything else when there is a visible issue like this on plane (sic!) display.

PLEASE NOTE: Issue has definitely NOT been resolved (as stated in thread title). A2A kindly refunded my payment for the plane (so that WAS resolved thank you guys) but are fine with me continuing to try and fix the issue. Which is what I am determined to do.

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/for ... &view=next

not LOOKING for these threads but was searching for P51 problems with Accusim and there are no shortage of people with EXACTLY my issues.

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

"YEP!! that was it. I had noticed that when I purchased the civilian it created a P-51 civ, and a P-51 (which would BE the Military) folder even though I had not purchased it. Through the course of things I DID check properties on that folder in accusim update and it WAS 10-16-14 when I reinstalled?? BUT, it did nothing in the actual running of the update (passed over it). That is when I new it was not going to work. ON YOUR SUGGESTION I deleted the accusim file itself and when I ran the 9-28 accusim update it was the 3rd aircraft recognized and took 5 minutes to update. I new it was going to work then. Also I had removed the P-51 military from ADD/ and REMOVE programs thinking this did a thorough job.........THERE was the MISTAKE... over and over and over but NEVER did I go to FSX, A2a, P-51, accusim update and remove it. Hope this might help somebody else."

This caught my attention as you can imagine.

So I deleted the update folder (from civ folder - i also have p51 folder with military pdf manual in it despite not owning that plane)as suggested then lo and behold the global update FOUND the civ version
it's about to run and shows all the version differences.

am VERY interested to scroll down and see TAILWHEEL STEERING ADJUSTED as one of very first updates.

Will continue with install now and report back, fingers crossed.

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

I HAVE FIXED THE PROBLEM IT NOW STEERS VIDEO TO PROVE I CAN HANDLE THIS PLANE TO FOLLOW SOON!!!!
(its uploading and my excitement is plane(sorry again) to hear)

Details of fix above.

A2A PLEASE rewrite your Mustang installation (the accusim part specifically), especially for the Civvy. It was ENTIRELY at fault/blame for a wasted week of my time and others in past, and surely more in future.

My Mustang will fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
!
:D
Yay!!!!

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

good to hear, but I thought you deleted it and got a refund??
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

sloppysmusic
Senior Airman

Post by sloppysmusic »

"good to hear, but I thought you deleted it and got a refund??"

Yes I did and I did. Devs kindly said I could 'keep' it though in case I wanted to try again in future.
i wasnt going to, but when a dev said above 'this plane wasnt suitable for me" or similar it got me so annoyed I became a madman to get it fixed and show I CAN fly the plane.

So actually, THANKS to Scott for pushing me hard enough to prove the problem was NOT me :D

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Russ,

Pleased to hear that you're finally sorted, but I feel I have to quote Lewis from the first page of this rather long thread:
Lewis - A2A wrote:The key is to remove the .dat file and also the P-51 update folder in your root sim folder inside the A2A folder you will find your aircraft update files. Simply remove the one for the P-51.

-Install the aircraft
-Then the accu-sim pack
-Then run the latest Updater from the forums; http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 93&t=57819

Remember to restart your system too.
In other words, he told you exactly what you needed to do to fix the problem at a very early stage. Other posters have since tried to help, but I think we've all assumed you performed the clean install as advised.

Cheers,
Nick

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Just glad you have it fixed.
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”