FPS issue..

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Aceman
Airman First Class

FPS issue..

Post by Aceman »

Hello,

I am hoping that someone can give me some help. I fly the A2A planes often. My FPS are always in the 30's I have the southern California orbx and palm springs orbx airport. The problem comes from when I fly from KPSP to KTRM. Half way there, my FPS take a big time drop. 2 or 5 fps. It will get some bad, that i have to cancel my flight. But it is ONLY there! It happens every time. But why there?? I have never run into this problem before. Any suggestions on how to fix this? It is very frustrating.

Jason

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: FPS issue..

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Jason,

it might be best you post on the orbx forums as it sounds like you have a scenery issue somewhere causing the fps to drop when you get within a given area. You can start troubleshooting this by disabling scenery areas to track down the exact files giving you issue.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

FlipS
Senior Airman

Post by FlipS »

Hello Jason,

Maybe the program is loading a lot of scenery at that point. I have the same issue in ORBX England when crossing the river Thames eastly of London in southern direction.
There is nothing to worry about if you have 30 fps or more and there is a drop of 5 fps. To be able to fly an aircraft accurate, you will need at least 17 fps and you won’t need this amount during cruise, only during the final approach and after touch down.

Aceman
Airman First Class

Post by Aceman »

Thanks guys.. I got a message into Orbx on this issue.

Jason

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”