Problem with P51D and CH Pro Pedals

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
HenkR#01
Airman

Problem with P51D and CH Pro Pedals

Post by HenkR#01 »

Hi,
I currently have the following problems with this otherwise fine product:
My system: Windows 10 64, FSX Steam and FSX Accelation installed.
A2A C182 and A2A P51D installed only on FSX Steam.
I use Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro and CH Pro Pedals which have been working for years without a problem.

The first problem is with the brake function of the CH pedals.
In BOTH aircraft I only have to "Point" to the pedals, certainly not touching the brakes to cause the brake function to work thereby releasing parking brake and removing wheel chocks and streamers! Is NOT happening with any other planes than A2A!
This spoiles the fun rather a lot.

The second and very strange problem concerns ONLY the P51D:
When I start a free flight and position the P51D on an airfield and click on Fly I can switch views from virtual cockpit to outside view etc.
On almost every switch the plane jumps as if it were dropped into its spot! This also automatically releases brakes and removes chocks and GPU!

Who has an explanation or maybe even better: how can I fix this? Both problems are clearly A2A-related and the second P51D-relates!
Thanks a lot already!

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Problem with P51D and CH Pro Pedals

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have CH yoke/rudder peddles/2xquad throttles , and regards brakes i find it is sensative no matter whos aircraft i fly , as the peddles lack sufficent spring tension , that is my only critisism of them and they are well over 12 years old maybe older , there is a fix for brake sensitivity on the forum , cannot remember where , do you use FSUIPC if so goto fsx modules open FSUIPC.INI in notepad , under [General], look for BrakeReleaseThreshold= and change the figure there to a 0 and save then exit.
As for the aircraft jumping when changing views this is usually the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file not being 100% correct , but if you do not know what you are doing , then changing these figures will cause even greater problems , all i do once aircraft is in the correct positon , once back in flight deck/cockpit depending on aircraft , i just hit the cold dark button again , before i start my flight .
Regards alan. 8)

HenkR#01
Airman

Post by HenkR#01 »

Hi Alan,

About my problem with the CH Pedals. I also have the T-28B/C from Ant's Planes and have no pr blem with the pedals!
I can move my rudder (and see the pedals in the cockpit move) but the parking brake stays on!
Only when I press on a breakpedal (I see it move in the cockpit) is the parking brake released, all as it should work in FSX!
So it must be the P51D files!

About the jumping: I tried your methode but still it is keeps jumping. IE try an outside view with P51D parked.
For some reason it jumps after maybe 5 seconds! No other plane does that.
Curious about A2A's answer!

HenkR#01
Airman

Post by HenkR#01 »

Sorry, more planes jump!

HenkR#01
Airman

Post by HenkR#01 »

Just found out that jupoing has to do with mesh resolution in scenery. I lowered it to 5m and no more jumping!

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

For the jumping issue, try reducing the mesh setting to 10m under you FSX Settings.
My P-51 (Civ.), used to jump from time to time, that setting fixed it.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”