Not Turning

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Not Turning

Post by Jacques »

I don't see how an A2A update for the P-51 breaks the aircraft on your computer, yet the same update has no unintended effects on my P-51? Unless the unwanted behavior has nothing t do with the update and everything to do with settings or controls that you have changed or enabled on your computer. Its usually something simple...and I speak from experience because I do it all the time myself! :D

MadMac388th
Airman First Class

Post by MadMac388th »

Jacques wrote:I don't see how an A2A update for the P-51 breaks the aircraft on your computer, yet the same update has no unintended effects on my P-51? Unless the unwanted behavior has nothing t do with the update and everything to do with settings or controls that you have changed or enabled on your computer. Its usually something simple...and I speak from experience because I do it all the time myself! :D

I have seen several people post this problem, but no solutions, at least none that have worked for me. I tried uninstalling the aircraft and reinstalled without updating. The rudder did work when I did that, but there were other things broken, like the parking break wouldn't work, I noticed no difference (ie. no tail wheel turning) with the stick forward or aft, and the brakes felt very weak. As soon as I applied the update, I was right back to where I started. everything was working beautifully except the rudder was nonfunctioning. Also, This is only happening with this plane. I have several other A2A aircraft that are all working fine. If you have any idea of a setting that could fix this I would love to hear it.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Madmac, did you eventually try a full uninstall and re-install of the P-51? What you describe sounds like some aspect of the aircraft was corrupted on install, or shortly after.

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

mattsta wrote:
r601020 wrote:I pressed paused before the P51 ran straight into the terminal beginning a taxi, but it's not turning.
* Control-Lock, negative
* Rudder works, check

Since last flying it, have purchased Piper Cherokee and Piper Comanche, so I re-ran simconnect(s), and tried again, but no improvement.

Tested Spitfire with a taxi, takeoff and landing, and it's okay.

Granted, it's been a while since I've flown the P51, so the problem might be between the computer and chair, but . . any help would be appreciated.
Ahh! You've encountered the ground steering problem which makes it impossible to steer the aircraft on the ground. Welcome to the club!

There are several threads on this problem and A2A don't seem to have provided a definitive solution.

I use an earlier P51 update because I never solved the ground steering problem with the latest updates installed. When I bought a new computer recently and had to create a fresh install of FSX and all the A2A software, I had a devil of a job getting the P51 to perform correctly.

I'm a bit disappointed that A2A hasn't addressed this problem. There are several customers who have experienced the same issue.

If your elevator axis is not correctly adjusted you can have problems. Yes, elevator, not rudder.
The P51 tailwheel lock is read from the position of the stick - back to lock, forward to release.

On one installation I worked on I had a devil of a time getting the ground steering to work until I tightened the null zone and increased the sensitivity of the elevator axis in-sim.

MadMac388th
Airman First Class

Post by MadMac388th »

Jacques wrote:Madmac, did you eventually try a full uninstall and re-install of the P-51? What you describe sounds like some aspect of the aircraft was corrupted on install, or shortly after.
I did try a full install (twice). The second time I downloaded the latest core updater. I had been using one from Oct. of 2015 (which seemed to be working as it found all of my planes including the P-51 and updated them) I'm not sure if that was the solution, but it is working now. Thanks for all of the ideas everyone. It is sure a lot easier to fly when the rudders are actually working. Woohoo!

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hey! Thats good to hear! The latest update is always the best way to proceed. Any bugs are caught and corrected quickly.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes, on the updater, you will always want to download the latest version to correctly update.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”