have some issues

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

have some issues

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
Yesterday i purchased the P51D mil , with accusim package , installed aircraft then accusim , then updated to latest updater.
Did a flight with fsx controls active , to see what sort of slope bias needed once i set it up in FSUIPC , controls now set in FSUIPC.
During yesterdays flights while getting used to the aircraft , i found a few issues as follows.
1/ ammeter does not move of zero.
2/ fluorescent lts sw ,cannot select dim or uv , only on / off can be selected.
3/ AN/APS-13 power sw to on, causes a bell to ring that cannot be cancelled till same sw is turned off.
As a side note , is it posible to updat vc , so a map pocket and clickspot to open map can be added on the left rear sidewall , as a pic of a real p51 showed its location, behind flare cartrage holder.
The aircraft will take a bit of getting used to , but is fun to fly, as are all my a2a purchases.
Regards alan. 8)

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Re: have some issues

Post by gulredrel »

Hello Alan,

1 - make sure, generator switch is on and engine rpm is above 1500.
2 - did you tried this in darkness condition? You have the panel lights and the uv lights. So bright or the uv light will only illuminate the needles and gauges
3 - Did you power the system on on the ground? Than yes, the warning bell will sound, because the ground behind your tail refelcts the signals. The system should only be used above several hundred feet I think. Try in the air and see what happens, if you fly in front of an airplane.

Hope this helps.
Jens
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Jens.
Issues 1 and 3 sorted finger trouble , issue 2 fluorescent lts i can only switch from off to start then it goes to on automatic , but unable to select dim or uv, every time i try to dim or select uv , it just turns the fluorescent lts off.
I have the b17 and these lights work as they should in that aircraft.
The ammeter showed a charge once above 1100rpm , the AN/APS-13 BELL on continueous below 1000ft intermitant between 1000ft-1500ft off above that.
Regards alan. 8)

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tug002 »

Hey there Alan. Just a thought. Try turning on the fluorescent light and then click on the light on the dash to turn on the night lighting which is only visible when dark.
Hope this works for you
Keep smiling
Tug :)

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Tug.
Answer to your question , no that did not work , looks like a bug , if you use shift+3 , click on instruments , it turns on the fluorescent liights , the same as using the cockpit sw , if on the shift+3 panel you now click on fluorescent , it changes to uv , clicking on uv , changes it back to fuorescent , but it will not do that with the vc light sw, as it should do, or as you would expect it to do.
Regards alan. 8)

gulredrel
Master Sergeant

Post by gulredrel »

See screenshot here. Click direct on these lamps to change lighting:
"Give me a ping, Vasili. One ping only, please."

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi Jens.
Thanks it worked , i still say it would be better if it was done with the switch , as in the b17 .
Regards alan. 8)

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”