P-51 Civilian, Radio stack guages have no display.

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
typeka
Airman Basic

P-51 Civilian, Radio stack guages have no display.

Post by typeka »

I've recently found myself wanting to take flight again in FSX. My favorite plane to fly was always the P51. So i loaded everything up reinstalled the aircraft, accusim and did the accu sim update. Thinking everything would work out fine i hopped right to my normal takeoff spot at Hancock Co-Bar Harbor in Maine(KBHB). It was just like riding a bike, you never forget, my fingers on my keyboard and mouse just finding there way to all the switches to get the beast roaring. Everything normal, then i go to turn on my avionics, the gps turned on the buttons working, setting my course and checking radio frequencies i would have to set. I go to turn on the radios com,nav,adf,transponder and nothing happens. The readouts had no display so i played with the buttons for a bit, redid my startup sequence thinking i must have shorted something, nothing. I reinstalled the aircraft and accusim in the correct order and still i get this little nagging problem. The frequencies on the SHIFT+(insertbuttonhere) menu would not change either, only the transponder code i could get to change. I have no idea what is going on, i am playing FSX, not the steam version but the original microsoft version, DirectX is updated and so are video drivers. Ill include some pictures as to show you what is going on but this has really been nagging at me. I have the accusim c182 with the addon gps and everything there works fine the radio stacks and all that it seems it is just the p51.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P-51 Civilian, Radio stack guages have no display.

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello,

If you've switched on the avionics master and the individual radio units, I can't think of any obvious culprits for what you describe. I don't think any circuit breakers are simulated in the A2A P-51 for instance.

Are you using the Acceleration version of FSX, or the Standard/Deluxe version? If the latter, it won't do any harm to try reinstalling the Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Game ... fault.aspx. If you're using Acceleration, you could try inserting the Accel. disk and using the option it should give to repair the installation.

Also, just to check, is the Accu-Sim update you installed the one downloadable from this sticky post? (A2A_Update_05_09_16.zip)

Thanks,
Nick

P.S. Welcome to the A2A community by the way! :)

typeka
Airman Basic

Post by typeka »

I am running FSX with the acceleration expansion, going to try out the repair option you mentioned. This is the only aircraft that it seems to be happening to, even other third party aircraft i have installed seem to work flawlessly.

I've made i sure i installed the newest accu-sim update. Is there anyway to go back to a previous version to see if something could have changed, like if a file got corrupted on my end by anti-virus or something. Although i dont think that would be an issue, its something i would like to check out.

I also use REX Essentials with Overdrive, not sure if something in there could be fussing it up.

Any help is appreciated:)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

I reckon the next step if the FSX Acceleration "repair" option doesn't help would be to delete the "P51civLog.dat" and "P51civLog.dat.f" files from the A2A folder in your "My Documents" directory. This should completely reset the state of the aircraft and radios.

Thanks,
Nick

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

Do you have power on the battery? if the charge is to low, the avionics stays off until the voltage is high enough.
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Maybe your battery doesn't have enough juice to power the radios? I've had this happen in the past. You'll have to run your engine up for a while to get you generator to kick in or do a battery charge. Give it a try.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Wouldn't low battery power voltage cause the GPS and transponder to power off too though guys? Certainly an issue I don't recall seeing reported before, though I don't spend as much time as I should with the P-51s these days. :oops:

Nick

typeka
Airman Basic

Post by typeka »

I'm not sure what had happened, apparently my anti-virus software thought a p51.dll file was a virus and quarantined quite a bit of other stuff related to accu-sim and the p51. I deleted the quarantined items and deleted all instances of accu-sim and the p51, freshly reinstalled the offending parties and the anti-virus popped up saying that it had caught something. I told it to allow it to work, finished installing, and now everything works great!

Thank you guys for the help!

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Aha! Good to hear that you found the culprit and thanks for reporting back. Always useful for future reference. Which anti-virus software by the way?

Nick

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Good job bud.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

typeka wrote:I'm not sure what had happened, apparently my anti-virus software thought a p51.dll file was a virus and quarantined quite a bit of other stuff related to accu-sim and the p51. I deleted the quarantined items and deleted all instances of accu-sim and the p51, freshly reinstalled the offending parties and the anti-virus popped up saying that it had caught something. I told it to allow it to work, finished installing, and now everything works great!

Thank you guys for the help!
Can you let us know what Anti-Virus software you use?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

typeka
Airman Basic

Post by typeka »

Sorry for a late post, I am running Norton Anti-Virus suite. I also have Malwarebites, but only occasionaly use that scans sometimes. I wish i would have recorded the file names that the anti-virus kicked out, but in my haste to fix the problem i did not :(.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Okie dokie, thankyou. Norton is know for that sorta of thing unfortunately.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”