Gunsight issues

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Markeebo
Airman Basic

Gunsight issues

Post by Markeebo »

Hi all. I've searched the forum for some time to try to find an answer for this but have come up empty-handed. If I missed the solution, forgive the repost and kindly point me to the missed info.

I have assigned an axis on my joystick to operate the throttle grip gunsight control in the Aircraft configurator, however, it simply will not operate in FSX:SE. The aircraft configurator shows activity when its moved, so the configurator clearly sees it. Just not too sure why FSX DOESNT see it. FSUIPC Registered version and have turned the controllers OFF in FSX so FSUIPC has full control. Dont know it that helps. If I can provide more detail, I'll be happy to do so.

I've looked into LVARS in FSUIPC, but it seems a shame to take an assignable axis control and turn it into a button, only to be assigned to an axis. So before I take such a tortured route, I thought I'd give it a go here.

FSX:SE
FSUIPC v4.955
i7-4770k
EVGA 980Ti 6GB
16GB RAM
SSD
W10-64bits
VKB Black Mamba 3 Stick base
TM Warthog Throttle
CH Pro Pedals
Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks

Markeebo

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Gunsight issues

Post by Nick - A2A »

Markeebo wrote:[...] have turned the controllers OFF in FSX so FSUIPC has full control.
This'll be why the input configurator assignment isn't working Markeebo. To use it, controllers must be enabled in the host sim. As (like me) you use FSUIPC, this means you'll have to delete any conflicting axis or controller button assignments in FSX if you wish to use the input configurator.

Welcome to the forums by the way. :) It won'y make any difference to the input configurator behaviour, but have you downloaded and run the latest Accu-Sim update?

Cheers,
Nick

Markeebo
Airman Basic

Post by Markeebo »

Thanks for the reply. I'm usually pretty thorough about checking that kind of sneaky stuff, but the axis was indeed applied to a control. I went through each and every controller on my system and deleted all axis assignments in FSX.

Now........It didn't work.. LOLOLOL I have assigned the axis to the gunsight distance control but it still won't operate. Even though the Configurator clearly sees it. I am suspecting that it need to be added as an axis in FSUIPC, but I'm unsure just what axis to apply it to in FSUIPC though. Any suggestions or offered course corrections would be most welcome.

Markeebo

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Just checked, and the "gunsight tgt distance" function via the input configurator works fine with my installation. Just to clarify, do you have "enable controller(s)" ticked in the FSX control settings dialog as mentioned above? You shouldn't need to use FSUIPC for this function.

Also, you didn't confirm if you've installed the Accu-Sim update.

Thanks,
Nick

Markeebo
Airman Basic

Re: Gunsight

Post by Markeebo »

I am NOT using the FSX controllers. So it is UNchecked. It was as I suspected. My next step was to remove the FSUIPC.dll and try with the controllers checked.

That confirms my suspicions then.

Had problems in the past with sensitivities not staying where I set them or simply resetting for no good reason. But if this works, I may need to rethink my position

And yes...latest update installed

Thanks and I will report back.

Markeebo

Markeebo
Airman Basic

Post by Markeebo »

It WORKED!

After thinking about it for a while, I realized that I could actually have my cake and eat it too.

Im using FSUIPC to process my axes, however, if I don't assign the desired axis in FSUIPC, it ignores it. So by tuning on the controllers in FSX and simply deleting all of their respective assignments(as you suggested), its essentially the same as having them off. That's the way my simple mind worked it out at least. Thanks for your help.

Markeebo

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Markeebo wrote:So by tuning on the controllers in FSX and simply deleting all of their respective assignments(as you suggested), its essentially the same as having them off.
Yep, you've got it. :) Glad you're sorted.

Nick

Markeebo
Airman Basic

Post by Markeebo »

Doesn't seem to want to cooperate in my P3D v3 install the same though. Interesting. Whelp, I'm happy to have gotten where I have. Off to fly.

Markeebo

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

The way hardware controllers are handled was changed by Lockheed Martin in P3D v.3 I believe; this meant A2A had to adjust the input configurators for their native P3D products. Because the P-51 only supports FSX at present, I don't think you'll be able to use the input configurator properly in P3D.

FSUIPC should offer a workaround, though I guess you'd need to create some text macros.

Nick

Markeebo
Airman Basic

Post by Markeebo »

Yeah. I had figured something like that had happened. I'll have to tinker with the LVARs and macros. Right now I'm just thrilled to have it flying in both. This Pony has rapidly become my favorite plane to fly in FSX/P3D. Absolutely the best immersion that I have ever seen. The sounds. The feel. Outrageously well-done.

Thanks for the response and help.

Markeebo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Yes unfortunately or fortunately really when it comes to moving things forward for them, P3D is now quite far now from the FSX base requiring its own products to correctly use in the P3D platform.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Markeebo
Airman Basic

Post by Markeebo »

Progress always comes with a price.

I still marvel that FSX is still a viable platform this far into the future. Lots of determined and capable people keeping it going over those years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”