Saitek Switch Panel and A2A Mustang UPDATED

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Saitek Switch Panel and A2A Mustang UPDATED

Post by Raceguy »

Hello everyone.

Here is something I figured out today and I want to share it with the community.

I have modified my Saitek panel by removing the ignition switch and gear lever and placing them where they should be in my pit. While I had the panel apart I inverted the landing gear lights to show a tail wheel since the panel was meant for a nose wheel. In the picture below the inverted triangle can be seen on the right side of my panel.

The Saitek panel out of the box is programmed for specific FSX commands so to make changes you need SPAD.neXt. By physically inverting the lights on the panel the main gear lights were now reversed. Using SPAD I changed these to the correct left/right configuration. For the tail wheel I had a problem. When fully down I got a green light. When moving up it went red as it should but would stay red when stored. Through trial and error, a lot of error, I came up with a configuration that gave me the correct green/red/off lighting. Here is a screen shot of the SPAD program with these settings.

I am by far NOT an expert on SPAD but if you have questions I will be glad to give it a try.

Take care
Ed
Last edited by Raceguy on 27 Aug 2016, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

Raceguy
A2A Mechanic

Re: Saitek Switch Panel and A2A Mustang

Post by Raceguy »

The Saitek ignition switch order is not correct which is a well documented problem from Saitek. The correct order is Off/Right/Left/Both which is what is shown on the Saitek panel as you can see in the post above. But when you look in the sim and turn the Saitek switch the sim shows Off/Left/Right/Both.

To correct this I used SPAD neXt to reset the switch order.

If at first you do succeed, try not to look too surprised!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”