Rear Wheel Steering non functional

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
natet
Airman

Post by natet »

The mustang will not turn using the rudder and stick. (pull stick to rear and use rudder pedals to steer tail wheel) The animation shows the rudder moving but nothing happens.
Reinstalled with same result.
All other A2A aircraft work great.

All suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Rear Wheel Steering non functional

Post by Piper_EEWL »

What do you mean by nothing happens? It's not turning when you use the rudder with stick pulled back?
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Hi Nate, with the stick neutral to full back you are only going to get 6 degrees of caster. With the stick full forward, the tail wheel is unlocked for tight turns. You do need some forward movement to get any turning, whether the stick is neutral or full back or fully forward.
Last edited by Jacques on 22 Jul 2016, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

natet
Airman

Post by natet »

Correct. The tail wheel and rudder don't seem to do anything. When moving forward the only way to make a turn is tapping the corresponding brake. When trying to take off there is no rudder control to correct for torque and immediately turn left.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Have you run the update? Find it here: Accu-Sim Update 5_9_16 DOWNLOAD

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=ht ... are_type=t

WB_FlashOver
Technical Sergeant

Post by WB_FlashOver »

Sounds to me like a possible control lock issue. Maybe you've already checked that. If so disregard. :wink:

Hope you figure it out.
Roger
-- Fly Well, Be Nice, Have Fun ! ! !

Z390 FTW | i9 9900K @ 5.2 | 32GB 3333 CL14 | 3080 Ti FE
970 Pro 512GB (OS)| 970 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GBx2 Raid0
3TB HDD | Define S2 | EKWB Dual Loop

P51civ - T6 - P40 - B17 - B377 - L049 - Comanche - Spit - Bonanza

Scott444
Airman

Post by Scott444 »

Check to see if your control surface lock is engaged which would prevent rudder and tail wheel movement. Lock is at the base of the control stick. :)

ScottC

natet
Airman

Post by natet »

Control lock was disengaged and all surfaces move freely. Visually and audibly.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Jacques »

Nate, did you run the update?

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Also if you reinstalled you'll need to delete the update manually before running it again.

Go to your flight sim root folder A2A/civilian P-51/update and delete the client.wyc file. Then rerun the updater.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Nate, there is no steering wheel on that bird, it's always free casting... Except the casting is limited to 6 degrees on each side with the stick aft of centres.. As mentioned above... I do use a bit of toe brake and some throttle to steer on the ground.. 1200-1300 rpm and up really help with rudder authority at crawl speed on the ground.

Remember to make sure both main are spinning when turning using toe brake as failing to would put tremendous stress on gear strut and tires . Hope this help !

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

mattsta
Airman First Class

Post by mattsta »

natet wrote:The mustang will not turn using the rudder and stick. (pull stick to rear and use rudder pedals to steer tail wheel) The animation shows the rudder moving but nothing happens.
Reinstalled with same result.
All other A2A aircraft work great.

All suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks.
I am suffering precisely the same problem

See my post above yours

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 94&t=54612

I have no no ability to castor the rear wheel using the control column or to use power and braking to make hard turns for parking maneuvers.

I have installed the latest Accu-sim updates and everything should be up to date.

The rudder and control surfaces appear to be working correctly in the external animations

deimos256
Airman

Post by deimos256 »

Came here to say I'm having the same issue. Fresh install of FSX:SE, fresh install of the P-51, Ran the latest update, controls are unlocked. Now the question is with the stick back and the tail wheel locked, is it supposed to be steerable as well or is the travel merely locked at 6 degrees as stated above? Just trying to determine if there's an issue with the plane or I'm expecting functionality that doesn't exist. It's been a while since I've flown this bird so my memory is foggy.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

deimos256 wrote:Came here to say I'm having the same issue. Fresh install of FSX:SE, fresh install of the P-51, Ran the latest update, controls are unlocked. Now the question is with the stick back and the tail wheel locked, is it supposed to be steerable as well or is the travel merely locked at 6 degrees as stated above? Just trying to determine if there's an issue with the plane or I'm expecting functionality that doesn't exist. It's been a while since I've flown this bird so my memory is foggy.
Hello,

if you can start a new thread with the exact issue you are experiencing that'd help us help you.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

deimos256
Airman

Post by deimos256 »

I think it's working properly and I'm just used to another Mustang that I've been using in X-Plane that isn't quite as realistic, which has insane amounts of tailwheel movement.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”