P51 Oil Pressure after update

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Kilstorm
Technical Sergeant

P51 Oil Pressure after update

Post by Kilstorm »

Maybe things are more accurate now after the 4/7 update as I no longer have CTD on the P51 and am enjoying all the added features of the update but one thing that seems different is that during a cold engine start up, the oil pressure never gets high where before you really had to retard the throttle to keep the oil pressure from going way above the high pressure mark.

Anyone else notice this or have an explanation of what I might be seeing?
i9-13900K O/C | ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | 32GB DDR5 6000MHz Kingston FURY | RTX 4090 24GB | 2x SSD M.2 (2TB Samsung 990 PRO) 1x SSD (4TB Samsung 870 EVO) | Windows 11 Home | H20: HydroLux PRO:HardLine Tubing| 1000w PSU

Tug002
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P51 Oil Pressure after update

Post by Tug002 »

I just had the P-51 up for a spin and at 0c the oil pressure is about 140 at 1000 rpm. I myself find the new update more realistic now than before as I found it too high then and a very long time warming up. Just my opinion as I noticed today.

Keep smiling
Tug :)

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: P51 Oil Pressure after update

Post by Jacques »

Pre-update, with normal grade of oil, my notion was the same as Tug's: oil pressure was fine on the ground and in the first part of the flight. But once I climbed into colder air, no matter what I did the oil pressure would climb quite high above the red line.

Post update, I still don't have enough experience. However, I did start a flight cold and dark at Leadville, CO (above 9000' elev.) with the temperature below freezing. I had winter weight oil on board already because I was basing this Mustang at Centennial in Denver.

The oil pressure was fine throughout the flight--fine for me being in the normal range.

Anecdotally, in the forum, I've read that the Mustang could withstand being run at higher than red line oil pressures for periods of time. I couldn't tell you for certain if that is really how they ran or if that was the forum making allowances for what was a buggy part of the sim prior to the update.

I'm kind of curious to roll back the update and observe the behaviour, then re-apply the update to see how much it has changed and how the pressure reads with different grades in different temperatures.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”