P-51 CTD after installing T-6 + latest Accusim Core Update

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Flyfox
Airman First Class

P-51 CTD after installing T-6 + latest Accusim Core Update

Post by Flyfox »

I observed a very strange effect after installing the new T-6 Texan and the latest Accusim core update: Whenever I load my P-51 or P-51 Civilian my FSX crashes to desktop within a few seconds to a few minutes after loading. I even had a blue-screen twice. Neither deleting the corresponding .dat files nor a complete uninstall/reinstall of the P-51 helped.

My installation: FSX Acceleration, DX10 Mode (with Fixer), EZDOK, TrackIR
All my other A2A Accusim addons (Spitfire, C172, C182, Cherokee, Comanche, Cub) seem not affected.

Has anybody observed the same problem after installing the T-6?
Felix

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: P-51 CTD after installing T-6 + latest Accusim Core Upda

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Felix,

have you tried the latest update theres been two since T-6 release.

Also if running ezdok + dx10 fixer did you rerun those programs to add in and convert the relevant files for them.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Flyfox,

I have also experienced CTD after the latest updates (27,29 and 30th of March) with my P51D (civ). I have updated my SimConnect once again and hopefully it did the trick. I usually do the DX9 update also, but since the latest updates are taking care of that part I skipped it. Will test tonight to see if I'm right. :mrgreen: I see you have FSX with Acceleration too, try to update your SimConnect software as well. My FSX crash was triggered by A2A_Accusim.dll, like I said I have noticed it happening when the SimConnect is old version or broken. Lewis can correct me if, I'm wrong. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Flyfox
Airman First Class

Post by Flyfox »

Hi Lewis

Thanks for the tip. I had updated to the version of March 29 , when I observed the CTD problem. In the meantime I updated to the latest version (March 30) after deleting the .dat files and the update folder. And yes, I have also run EZDOK config and DX10 updater. Unfortunately, the CTD problem persists.

Hi Will

Thanks for your tip. I would like to try your approach of updating SimConnect. How should I do it? I tried to execute the simconnect.msi from my FSX Gold DVD. Unfortunately, I have the annoying "DVD drive going crazy" problem again, as soon as I try to open a folder on one of the original DVDs. It reminds my that the installation of FSX was only possible after copying the whole disk content onto my harddisk with the help of DOS commands....

Cheers
Last edited by Flyfox on 31 Mar 2016, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.
Felix

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Flyfox wrote: Hi Will

Thanks for your tip. I would like to try your approach of updating SimConnect. How should I do it? I tried to execute the simconnect.msi from my FSX Gold DVD. Unfortunately, I have the annoying "DVD drive going crazy" problem again, as soon as I try to open a folder on one of the original DVDs. It reminds my that the installation of FSX was only possible after copying the whole disk content onto my harddisk with the help of DOS commands....

Cheers
Hi,

No need to reinstall the entire FSX for SimConnect.
You, can download the latest SimConnect for boxed version of FSX here:

http://a2asimulations.com/public/downlo ... onnect.msi

then run the .msi file

Reset your FSX after each complex aircraft. I mean, when you start your FSX select the P51 and fly, if you have flown another A2A plane before that - restart the sim. I have reinstalled both DX9 and SimConnect and if I fly the T6 before for example and switch to P51 - it crashes to desktop at some point with this error:

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: A2A_Accusim.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56fbbfc1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000376fe
Faulting process id: 0x44b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d18b825aa27a31
Faulting application path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\A2A_Accusim.DLL
Report Id: 61d4ce8d-f779-11e5-bf2c-001d603fd1cf
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Main point is, fly each A2A plane individually, if you want to switch the aircraft - restart the sim. It works so far for me after newest updates. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Flyfox
Airman First Class

Post by Flyfox »

Thanks again for your help, Will. Unfortunately, nothing helped so far, not even reinstalling simconnect. I had some CTDs and even another blue screen again. My P51 remains unflyable.

Could it be, Lewis, that I shouldn't use the downloaded P51 installer from 2012? I redownloaded the P51, the P51 Accusim and the P51 Civ. again, but they seems to be exactly the same files as in 2012.

Any further help is much appreciated.
Felix

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Felix,

Can you check in the Event viewer (log) of your Windows, what exactly is causing the FSX to crash? You should be able to see some error log, similar to the one I have posted. Post that error you find, so we can troubleshoot further.

Cheerz,
Will

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes if you can let us know what the event view states that would be great.

Also if you get a blue screen, can you please let us know your system specs and what the Blue screen says?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Flyfox
Airman First Class

Post by Flyfox »

Hello

Here is the evnt log of the latest crash:

Computer: Flyfox-pc
Description:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: A2A_Accusim.DLL, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x56fbbfc1
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000376fe
Faulting process id: 0x524
Faulting application start time: 0x01d18b9c046b2023
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\A2A_Accusim.DLL
Report Id: 9be1ce5f-f790-11e5-88bf-001fd09c6543
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-03-31T22:33:37.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>90248</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Flyfox-pc</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>fsx.exe</Data>
<Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>
<Data>46fadb14</Data>
<Data>A2A_Accusim.DLL</Data>
<Data>1.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>56fbbfc1</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>000376fe</Data>
<Data>524</Data>
<Data>01d18b9c046b2023</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\A2A_Accusim.DLL</Data>
<Data>9be1ce5f-f790-11e5-88bf-001fd09c6543</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

My computer specs are a bit outdated, but all my addons run well, including the P51 until recently:
E8400, overclocked to 4 GHz
NVidia GTX660
8GB RAM
Windows 7/64Bit
Felix

Flyfox
Airman First Class

Post by Flyfox »

Hello again

Here is some additional information: I further observed that the CTD mostly occurs during touch down. I can fly a full circuit or even more than one with go-arounds, but as soon as the wheels touch the ground FSX freezes and shuts down. In addition, I just observed that the Spitfire causes the same kind of CTD now... Something with my Accusim installation for the Warbirds seems to be severely broken.
Felix

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Felix,

Thank you for posting the error message. I see your FSX is installed in Program Files folder, which is not quite recommended, but I am also sure that this is not the cause of the problem here. It strikes me that the error message is almost identical to mine: faulting application - fsx, faulting module A2A. I am leaning towards a permission issue, which unfortunately I have no idea how to overcome. I would advise you however to run your FSX as "Administrator" every time you start it, I do so as well, but it does not help in 100% of the cases.
Here is some additional information: I further observed that the CTD mostly occurs during touch down. I can fly a full circuit or even more than one with go-arounds, but as soon as the wheels touch the ground FSX freezes and shuts down.
I confirm on that, this is exactly when my FSX freezes and crashes to desktop too. If this occurrence continues, I would probably reinstall the P51D in the following order.

After uninstall:

1)installation of A2A P51D civilian

2)installation of A2A P51D Accu-Simm package

3)installation of A2A latest update from the forum

All of course, run as "Administrator"

P.S. I will post here with updates, if I find anything new to add.

Cheerz,
Will

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Felix,

I just did some touch and goes and full stop landings in my P51 (civ), fingers crossed it did not CTD. :mrgreen: I have run FSX as an administrator and have loaded directly the Mustang.

P.S. Now some quality time to the "Texan" :wink:

P.S.2 I forgot, if you have any saved flights with P51 before the latest updates - delete them, have deleted mine (had 3) :wink:

Cheerz,
Will

Flyfox
Airman First Class

Post by Flyfox »

Hi Will

Thanks a lot for your advice. Unfortunately, there is still no luck. Following all your tips I managed to do max. two consequent circuits with the P51 without facing a CTD, but the next flights crashed FSX again, sometimes even before takeoff, shortly after loading the P51 ( I ususally start FSX with a startup flight with the default C172 c&d and then load the aircraft of my choice).

Has anybody else a similar experience after installing the T6?
Felix

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Felix,

Do not start your FSX with a complex aircraft selected as default flight (A2A airplanes for example or any other 3rd party). Select the original FSX Trike as your default flight. I am sure that will resolve partly or completely remove your CTDs.

Cheerz,
Will

Flyfox
Airman First Class

Post by Flyfox »

Hi Will

You might have misunderstood my above statement regarding my startup flight. I always use the default C172 in cold&dark state for FSX startup, because I am aware that complex aircraft addons can cause problems.

The problem I have can simply be described as follows: Everything worked well (including A2A's Spitfire and P51D) until I installed the new T6 Texan and obviously a general Accusim update included in the T6 installer. Since that installation my P51D and Spitfire are not flyable any longer. And the event viewer mentiones Accusim as cause for the CTD...
Felix

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”