No Hydraulic Pressure

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
ChipS
Airman Basic

No Hydraulic Pressure

Post by ChipS »

I need some help with my P51. Before I downloaded accu-sim, it worked fine. After the accu-sim download, I lost the sound in the cockpit, but had sound in the outside views. I reloaded accu-sim and got the sound back inside, but lost suction and Hydraulic pressure. I read some posts here and found up dates for FSX and installed them, and all of a sudden It all works. I put 1.6 hours on the old girl and wow, what an experience.
Next day comes and I've got no Hydraulic pressure again. Now I've spent several hours over the last couple of days trying to get to work, to no a vale. I have up-dated all my computer drivers. and tried to reload both programs, but I'm not getting any satisfaction. I did get a message on one of the attempts to reinstall the P51 program that said," an internal error occurred in Direct X. Please refer to DXErrror.Log in your Windows log". Now I looked at this, and not being a computer wiz, it didn't make much sense to me, so I went to Direct X and downloaded the latest version compatible with my computer. I believe it was DX 10. No difference. That's where I'm at and I still have no Hydraulic pressure.
Can anybody help? Oh ya, I put in the hanger and tried to replace the pump, and that didn't fix it either.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: No Hydraulic Pressure

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi,

And welcome to the community. First off all if you're running the Accusim addon to the Mustang did you also install the latest Accusim update? It can be downloaded here:

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 25&t=41279

Just download and run the update as administrator. It'll detect your installation and update it accordingly.

Also did you make sure that the hydraulic pressure release valve is pushed in? It is the red handle to the right side of fuel selector panel.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

ChipS
Airman Basic

Post by ChipS »

I was a little impatient and uninstalled everything. I reinstalled everything and now everything works except engine sound in the cockpit. Turns out that the little red T handle was it. when I pushed it all the way in it brought the Hydraulic pressure right up. Soooo, I've spent the better part of 4 hours installing and rebooting to create one of my original problems, when I didn't have one to start. A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.
I re-downloaded the A2A update again and that didn't touch it. It seems the uninstall for FSX doesn't get rid of peripheral programs. All of my add-on aircraft were there too. I just had to ok the software for me to run them in the game.
I'll keep you up dated if I get the sound back tomorrow. And I thank you for the tip. I thought that was just the emergency gear release.
Chip

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Ok. For a clean install you should always remove all the addons too. Then install FSX with Acceleration or service pack 1 and 2 then the addons. For A2A addons with a separate Accusim pack you should always install in that order:

1. Aircraft
2. Accusim pack
3. Updater

So I take it you only reinstalled FSX then or did you also reinstall the P-51 with Accusim? If you only reinstalled FSX I would uninstall the Mustang and the Accusim pack and reinstall it. After that run the updater again. In order to run the updater correctly again go to your FSX root folder then .../A2A/P-51/update and delete the folder called "update_..." or the "client.wyc" file. Then run the updater again.

I hope this helps with your issue.
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

ChipS
Airman Basic

Post by ChipS »

All I had to do is reinstall the P51 and everything... Everything Is working.
Now how do you take a snap-shot of the plane sitting on the ramp or in the air for that matter. I looked through all the menus and can not find it. I've done videos before, but can not find that snap shot. :? I've been flying these simms for years and never had the urge to take a picture until now. Feeling like a 6 year old with a shinny new bike!
I want to thank you very much for your help.

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Well I'm glad I could help. The Mustang is a beauty to fly once you've mastered it :wink:

The standard FSX key for screenshots should be "v" I think. Maybe it's "shift+v" I can't check right now and I always get it confused. I'll check as soon as possible and let you know!

Until then enjoy the 'Stang :) in

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Sounds like you've got this one sorted, but I thought I'd just to add to this for future reference - in lieu of any actual software glitch, be sure to check actual aircraft systems:

A. Does your Mustang have plenty of hydraulic fluid? I've heard of some experiences on the forums where newly generated Accusim aircraft will not properly generate with full fluids. (Shift-4 Menu)
B. Is your pressure release valve closed? (Red T-handle in the center of the panel, at the bottom next to the fuel selector)

Redglyph
Senior Airman

Post by Redglyph »

EnDSchultz wrote:Sounds like you've got this one sorted, but I thought I'd just to add to this for future reference - in lieu of any actual software glitch, be sure to check actual aircraft systems:

A. Does your Mustang have plenty of hydraulic fluid? I've heard of some experiences on the forums where newly generated Accusim aircraft will not properly generate with full fluids. (Shift-4 Menu)
B. Is your pressure release valve closed? (Red T-handle in the center of the panel, at the bottom next to the fuel selector)
Thanks, EnDSchultz!

I had the same issue, and indeed on every cold start the pressure release valve is set to open!

I was aware of the first point, but I was wondering why it was so hard to start (that's because since the last update, the engine is so easily drown), and when it started, why there was no pressure. And since I was training to start it from dark & cold, I had this valve open all the time.
Accu-Sim: B-17G, C172, C182, Cherokee 180, Comanche 250, Civilian P-51, Spitfire MkI/II, T-6, CotS Constellation, CotS B377
System specs: Win10 x64 | CPU: i7-10770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: RTX 3070 | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG Crosswind

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Just a reminder that if you are re-installing to remove the update folder from the A2A folder in the root of your sim directory otherwise the updater will read the update as being updated and not update anything despite you having reinstalled v1.0 of the product.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”