Sensitive Autopilot rocker switches

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
jotayhen
Airman

Sensitive Autopilot rocker switches

Post by jotayhen »

Hi Guys - I just purchased and downloaded the civilian P51, Accusim and the latest Accusim core update. I am sitting in the cockpit familiarizing myself with the controls and layout, etc. and something has come up. When I use the left mouse button to toggle the Century III rocker switches I have difficulty keeping the switches either on or off. For example, when I depress the left mouse button to toggle the "roll" rocker switch on, it does toggle "on" until I remove the pressure from the left mouse button and then it automatically toggles back to the "off" position. I have the same problem with the other autopilot switches also. When I use the mouses scroll wheel, I can sometimes successfully get the switches to toggle "on" and then I can use the left mouse button to toggle them back to the "off" position. I have searched my system to see if I couldn't desensitize these mouse buttons but I have not found a way to do that. I have also searched these threads to see if someone else has mentioned this problem and a possible solution but have not found anything. I have the latest Accusim core update (V1.5.1). Anybody have any suggestions? Thanks! John

some1 - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Sensitive Autopilot rocker switches

Post by some1 - A2A »

These switches are held by electromagnets and they can spring back to off on their own if coditions are not met (like no power to avionics, autopilot not engaged, etc).
Michael Krawczyk

jotayhen
Airman

Post by jotayhen »

Thanks for the feedback, Mike! I spent my time yesterday familiarizing myself with this wonderful bird - reading manuals, practicing startup and warm-ups and finally taxiing and run-ups. I did not have an opportunity to work with the avionics yet. That comes today when I take her up for the first time.

This is my first A2A Simulations aircraft although I have been simming since the SubLogic days. I am excited and thrilled to possess such a quality aircraft.

I believe it is the multitude of little things that impress and gratify me the most. Having to actually wait for the oil temp? Opening the canopy to avoid fogging up? Absolutely outstanding!

I confess this is off-topic for this thread but, one more thing - talk about simple things - do you know what probably delighted me the most during my familiarization and practice session yesterday? Listening to the hot metal popping and pinging as it cooled and contracted after I shut down the Merlin!

What a product!

John

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Thanks for the kind words John. some1 brought your thread to the teams attention via one of our whole teams main comms channels

"This guy spent a day familiarizing with new aircraft and didn't even took off, just taxi and runups... ....That's a dedication"

Something I think we all agree on, its awesome to see these posts and its great you are really enjoying the aircraft and able to take it like a real pilot, training, training training. Though then you have no excuses when you stack it first takeoff in the sim hehe :mrgreen:
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

jotayhen
Airman

Post by jotayhen »

Aaaahhh Lewis, my boy. You're such a comfort to an old man like me!

You know, son - there's a reason a guy my age spends a few extra dollars on fuel, tires, fluids, etc. just running up and down the runway BEFORE he commits his butt to the air in a thoroughbred like the one you and your team created.

Believe me when I tell you, Lewis - - - to an old vet like me, nothing is as embarrassing as realizing you've just killed yourself simply because you were impatient and got ahead of that all important learning curve.

Kudos to A2A Simulations! My only regret at this point is waiting so long before I purchased!

John

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”