Civilian P-51 GPS Direct To sim crash

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Ian P
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Civilian P-51 GPS Direct To sim crash

Post by Ian P »

Bad netiquette, but I'm replying to myself.

The tactical application of a nuclear delete key has been to my entire Windows installation. I found a whole load of Registry problems - things wouldn't uninstall, said they weren't installed while I was running them, etc.

New 2Gb HDD (although not a particularly quick one unfortunately...) and a new fresh Windows installation. I could be gone some time. :roll:

Ian P.

KevinKaessmann
Airman Basic

Post by KevinKaessmann »

Sorry for replying to an old thread, but recently I had the same symptoms, so maybe the same problem :x
FSX crash c0000005 at offset 000169a2 in facilities.dll after selecting ICAO code in GPS DIRECT TO of my beloved A2A Cherokee (never did this before as I usually plan my flights outside FSX).

After internet search, I found that DIRECT TO in any other of my planes (default GPS) crashes FSX in the same way.

Investigated further: the reason was a duplicate ICAO code in the scenery GERMAN LANDMARKS.
Precisely spoken: the problem lies in the file
German Landmarks\German Landmarks Airfields\Scenery\Rheinland-Pfalz_Heliport_01.bgl
After renaming this file to ".dontuse", the GPS crash was gone - but also the contained heliports.

Investigating further, I determined the duplicate ICAO code as hex sequence 81 DE B3 01 (calculates to E850).
I found this hex sequence six times in the above BGL.

I calculated the hex code for an unused ICAO code (in my case E852) to C1 DE B3 01 and replaced every second entry in the BGL to this new hex code (meaning: just the 81 to C1).

Renamed the modified BGL from .dontuse to .bgl: GPS DIRECT TO works.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

KevinKaessmann wrote:Sorry for replying to an old thread, but recently I had the same symptoms, so maybe the same problem :x
FSX crash c0000005 at offset 000169a2 in facilities.dll after selecting ICAO code in GPS DIRECT TO of my beloved A2A Cherokee (never did this before as I usually plan my flights outside FSX).

After internet search, I found that DIRECT TO in any other of my planes (default GPS) crashes FSX in the same way.

Investigated further: the reason was a duplicate ICAO code in the scenery GERMAN LANDMARKS.
Precisely spoken: the problem lies in the file
German Landmarks\German Landmarks Airfields\Scenery\Rheinland-Pfalz_Heliport_01.bgl
After renaming this file to ".dontuse", the GPS crash was gone - but also the contained heliports.

Investigating further, I determined the duplicate ICAO code as hex sequence 81 DE B3 01 (calculates to E850).
I found this hex sequence six times in the above BGL.

I calculated the hex code for an unused ICAO code (in my case E852) to C1 DE B3 01 and replaced every second entry in the BGL to this new hex code (meaning: just the 81 to C1).

Renamed the modified BGL from .dontuse to .bgl: GPS DIRECT TO works.
Thanks for the post Kevin, good for any other sim users who suffer similar issues.

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”