Loading p-51 causes FSX to crash

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Imtijac
Airman Basic

Loading p-51 causes FSX to crash

Post by Imtijac »

I have the P-51 with Accusim. It installed well, but, when I click FLY, FSX crashes. I have tried to load DirectX 9.0c and at this time not certain if it is installed because when I tried to install it, the prompt said that a newer version was already installed and that it was not necessary. I have Windows 7 and not sure of the bit used (32 or 64, how do I determine this)?
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this installation?
Mike.

Rammit
Senior Airman

Re: Loading p-51 causes FSX to crash

Post by Rammit »

I do not know of the issue but un-installing and manually deleting the residual files and then re-installing is always a good place to start :|
ImageImage

ImageImage

Though I fly through the valley of death, I shall fear no evil, as I am 70,000ft and climbing

robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by robert41 »

Hi Mike.
First thing, what version of FSX do you have? Must have at least SP2. Or best, Acceleration with Accusim.
Next, turn off UAC, in the Win 7 control panel. Run FSX as administrator, right click the FSX icon, run as admin.
Make sure your FSX settings are per the P51 accusim manual. Manual is in the P51 aircraft folder.
One other thing is to not change the FSX default starting flight. Load the default flight first, then change to the P51.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Mike,

found your thread and moved it to the relevant area from the multiplayer area of the forum. Can you please let us know if this is still an issue, one of your emails mentioned it nowbeing resolved using the windows backdate feature. I would think this might point to a direct X error if thats how the issue was resolved.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”