Canopy fogging up very quickly

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Corkery
Airman First Class

Post by Corkery »

The canopy is consistently fogging up within a minute or two after take-off. This happens even with the Oxy mask on and staying below 3000 feet. The windscreen keeps clear with de-fog on. I've seen others posts saying they couldn't get the canopy to fog?

Tony C
Cheers
Tony C
Rig: Intel i7 4790 @4.4Ghz 32gb 2133Mhz RAM; OS (Win 7 Prof 64); Nvidia TITAN xp and FSX + P3DV4 on SSDs.

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Re: Canopy fogging up very quickly

Post by mattgn »

Have you opened the Cockpit Ventilation? (cockpit floor, R/H side, next to seat pan, and behind the right wing fuel quantity gauge)
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese"
- G.K. Chesterton.

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

636Castle
Senior Airman

Post by 636Castle »

I'm usually battling the fog in the cockpit too. Also a bummer when I shut my plane down, and select "no-pilot", and leave the plane in it's outside view, then come back and find a ghost has fogged everything up while I've been away. :mrgreen:

Corkery
Airman First Class

Post by Corkery »

mattgn wrote:Have you opened the Cockpit Ventilation? (cockpit floor, R/H side, next to seat pan, and behind the right wing fuel quantity gauge)
Doh! Now it all becomes clear :-) thanks Mattgn
Cheers
Tony C
Rig: Intel i7 4790 @4.4Ghz 32gb 2133Mhz RAM; OS (Win 7 Prof 64); Nvidia TITAN xp and FSX + P3DV4 on SSDs.

mattgn
A2A Mechanic

Post by mattgn »

Corkery wrote:
mattgn wrote:Have you opened the Cockpit Ventilation? (cockpit floor, R/H side, next to seat pan, and behind the right wing fuel quantity gauge)
Doh! Now it all becomes clear
Quite literally !

Matt
"Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese"
- G.K. Chesterton.

i7 2600K, 8GB Vengeance RAM, Asus P67, GTX 580.

Bruce Hamilton
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Bruce Hamilton »

636Castle wrote:I'm usually battling the fog in the cockpit too. Also a bummer when I shut my plane down, and select "no-pilot", and leave the plane in it's outside view, then come back and find a ghost has fogged everything up while I've been away.
Are you remembering to leave the aircraft with the canopy open, since the pilot is gone? :mrgreen:

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”