Apparent Bug - Left Fuel Tank Quantity

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Apparent Bug - Left Fuel Tank Quantity

Post by VulcanB2 »

Hi,

Not quite sure what the trigger is, but if you crash the aircraft bending the prop, then put it on jacks and repair everything, when you try and start the engine it will initially fire, then stop running. At exactly this moment the left fuel tank is dry, when only seconds earlier it had a lot of fuel in it.

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Re: Apparent Bug - Left Fuel Tank Quantity

Post by DHenriques_ »

VulcanB2 wrote:Hi,

Not quite sure what the trigger is, but if you crash the aircraft bending the prop, then put it on jacks and repair everything, when you try and start the engine it will initially fire, then stop running. At exactly this moment the left fuel tank is dry, when only seconds earlier it had a lot of fuel in it.

Best regards,
Robin.
Knowing A2A like I do and their flair for realism I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that when you damaged the prop Accusim sent a piece of a blade through the left tank emptying it. Give the guys one day more with this program and they just might figure out a way to start a fire for you if the fuel hits a hot engine. :-))))))))
Dudley Henriques

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

whiic
Staff Sergeant

Post by whiic »

Dudley Henriques wrote:
VulcanB2 wrote:Hi,

Best regards,
Robin.
Knowing A2A like I do and their flair for realism I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that when you damaged the prop Accusim sent a piece of a blade through the left tank emptying it. Give the guys one day more with this program and they just might figure out a way to start a fire for you if the fuel hits a hot engine. :-))))))))
Dudley Henriques
Nope. That would not make any sense. It's the same with P-40: if you crash the plane, the selected tank (at the time of crash) is drained (or was it always AUX tank on P-40, I don't remember). And only that ONE tank is drained (contradicting the occasionally used excuse that ALL fuel is drained for overhauls in real life). Why would you drain the selected tank and only the selected tank if you were to overhaul the engine? P-40 has a fuel selector. Turn it to OFF and your selected tank would be NONE.

The fuel disappearance on aircraft crash is rather random. I'd actually prefer that if a "complete overhaul" is done, ALL fluids would be automatically replaced and filled to maximum capacity (or alternatively everything would be emptied instead of just one of the fuel tanks). Of course if the player wants to do that, he/she can always manually delete the .DAT file. And I wouldn't be disappointed if complete overhaul did that: delete the old .DAT file. I don't really want to keep track of my "airframe hours" since quite often when you have the reason to do complete overhaul, you have actually crashed. That means: the airframe is LOST in reality.

It's unrealistic to expect an engine to be swapped as whole but the old oil to be recycled. Nor is it realistic to expect that if a plane was crashed, it would be rebuilt (assuming it could be rebuilt) and refilled with exact same amount of oil as it was before crash.

___

I have a hunch that draining of selected or default fuel tank might have a pragmatic reason: as the emptying happens on crash (and not on overhaul) it might be that it's intentional and is there because FSX will teleport the plane back to where you started, potentially with engine running. Emptying your selected/default tank would force engine to stall. (Though occasionally FSX has reset the flight with prop spinning and mags off. Does the same... and proives that FSX is just way too random to predict what's going to happen next. Must be a total pain in the arse to create addons for it.)

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Apparently comedy falls flat.

I thought it was funny Dudley. ;)
ImageImage
ImageImage

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

CodyValkyrie wrote:Apparently comedy falls flat.

I thought it was funny Dudley. ;)
I guess I should have prefaced it with "A Priest and a Rabbi walked into a bar......................" :-)))))))))))))))))

D

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

... and the bartender looks up and says, "What is this, a joke?'

I'm here all week. Try the veil.
ImageImage
ImageImage

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant