Adverse Yaw Durring Rollout/Highspeed Taxi W/ Zero Throttle

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
Norforce
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Adverse Yaw Durring Rollout/Highspeed Taxi W/ Zero Throt

Post by Norforce »

I don't have this problem I have FSX Deluxe + Acceleration this apples to all A2A planes
Ron
B-17 AIRFRAME 710 HRS PLUS AND CLIMBING
ImageImageImageImage

GIGABYTE X58A-UD5 MB, INTEL I7 950, 12GB DOMINATOR-GT DDR3 RAM, WIN7 64, GIGABYTE SUPER OVER CLOCK GTX 560 TI 1GB GGDDR5 1000Mz, CORSAIR 850W PS, NOCTUA NH-D14,
TRACKIR 5 & TrackClipPro

CAPFlyer
A2A Aviation Consultant

Post by CAPFlyer »

I think what those having this issue need to do, as painful as it'll be is do a full, clean, re-install of FSX and then re-install ONLY the A2A planes and see if they still get the issue. I think the issue is either with FSX itself, or you guys all have some addon module or airplane with a module you weren't aware of that is causing the problem.

I have a similar problem with FS9 on my computer that has some odd thing going on with the mixture where some custom coded gauges don't work right because of it and I can't figure out what it is no matter how many times I reinstall it. I accept it's a quirk of my installation and that I'll never fully get rid of it and just deal with it because there's certain addons I really like flying, but in this case, I think it's serious enough that you guys need to consider trying this and then maybe having 2 separate FSX installations, one for A2A planes, and one for everything else.

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

CAPFlyer wrote:I think what those having this issue need to do, as painful as it'll be is do a full, clean, re-install of FSX and then re-install ONLY the A2A planes and see if they still get the issue. I think the issue is either with FSX itself, or you guys all have some addon module or airplane with a module you weren't aware of that is causing the problem.

I have a similar problem with FS9 on my computer that has some odd thing going on with the mixture where some custom coded gauges don't work right because of it and I can't figure out what it is no matter how many times I reinstall it. I accept it's a quirk of my installation and that I'll never fully get rid of it and just deal with it because there's certain addons I really like flying, but in this case, I think it's serious enough that you guys need to consider trying this and then maybe having 2 separate FSX installations, one for A2A planes, and one for everything else.
It's always perplexing trying to help someone having a problem like this. I agree that a complete reinstall of FSX might very well solve it. Something is obviously wrong but I am absolutely certain it's NOT in the basic FSX code as has been suggested. If it was I would have heard about it LONG ago. Even during the beta process for FSX we never had an issue like this. Whatever it is it HAS to be local on individual systems and as such has to be solvable at the local level.
This has all the earmarks of being an interference problem of some kind.
Strangely enough what's been described is very much like the FSX wind component that can hit you like a brick on occasion as you climb through a Cu layer. It hits the aircraft sideways and skews you suddenly with a high yaw rate then dissipates. If you're sitting there dumb and happy it can actually startle you :-)
I hate to see someone give up on something as worthy of keeping and enjoying as an A2A aircraft based on something like this. Before I'd give up I would most certainly consider doing a full reinstall of FSX.
On that score, I highly recommend the PMDG step by step procedure for doing an FSX cleanup and reinstall.
They went to some pains to list what to do step by step and I've used their method several times with complete success.
Here's a link for the PMDG process for anyone interested. I hope it helps those having these issues.
http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/ ... l-fsx.aspx
Dudley Henriques

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

If it helps, I have FSX with Acceleration.

I have all but the A2A P-40 installed, all AccuSim. I have the Lotus L-39, PMDG 737NGX, and Aerosoft Catalina, and the latest FSUIPC (NOT registered). Other than this, it is vanilla.

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

Nico081
Staff Sergeant

Post by Nico081 »

Maybe addon weather tools could create some mysterious effects ?
Maybe addon weather settings in combination with FSX- weather settings?

- Mysterious or wrong weather output effects which possibly create this issue?
- Maybe A2A accusim addons react strange on some special?/buggy? weather inputs?
- Is "turbulecte effects" activated in FSX weather settings?

Those who have an FSX Computer available could check if this issue occurs when FSX Weather settings are set to "clear sky" which deletes all weather input settings?

Good luck
P3D v3.2
Addons: FSG2010, REX4 Direct+Soft Clouds, Hifi ASN, PMDG, Dodosim, A2A accusim all, Katana4X, Majestic, ORBX, Fly Tampa, DRZEWIECKI DESIGN, FSDreamteam, Flight Beam,..,..

VulcanB2
Master Sergeant

Post by VulcanB2 »

Hi,

Already did. Doesn't appear to make a difference.

It seems related in some way to p-factor, like the p-factor and yaw vectors are splitting and the p-factor effect is being applied at the expense of everything else, hence why it is sliding off to the left regardless of the yaw angle/power setting.

EDIT: Hmm - maybe the bug is that the yaw is not being accounted for in the p-factor vector?? :?:

e.g. the p-factor starts to pull the aircraft off to the left. Pilot corrects with right rudder and yaw to the right, but this is not accounted for in the code "pushing" the aircraft to the left, so it goes left regardless??

Best regards,
Robin.
A2A/AccuSim. 'nuff said!

000rick000
Airman First Class

Post by 000rick000 »

Also, "Adverse Yaw" was mentioned earlier. Are you actually talking about adverse yaw, or are you talking about left turning tendencies, Torque, Asymmetrical Thrust (P-factor) etc.? Just to clarify, "Adverse Yaw" is the yaw induced motion from the raised wing creating more lift and therefore more drag, and the aircraft yawing into that wing. Usually more pronounced are aircraft with longer wingspan. Is that what is being experienced also? Also remember, that when on final approach P-factor is slightly opposite when in a nose low attitude (the down turning blades are now in a less effective position in relation to the forward motion of the aircraft). If power is reduced P-factor shouldn't really be an issue.

Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Post by Buzz313th »

000rick000 wrote:Also, "Adverse Yaw" was mentioned earlier. Are you actually talking about adverse yaw, or are you talking about left turning tendencies, Torque, Asymmetrical Thrust (P-factor) etc.? Just to clarify, "Adverse Yaw" is the yaw induced motion from the raised wing creating more lift and therefore more drag, and the aircraft yawing into that wing. Usually more pronounced are aircraft with longer wingspan. Is that what is being experienced also? Also remember, that when on final approach P-factor is slightly opposite when in a nose low attitude (the down turning blades are now in a less effective position in relation to the forward motion of the aircraft). If power is reduced P-factor shouldn't really be an issue.

Very good points.. Thanks for these.
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

000rick000
Airman First Class

Post by 000rick000 »

One other note, FSX related...couldn't you just backup and then delete the FSX.CFG file and then only bring up A2A aircraft before others with modules? Then you wouldn't have to re-install. I do this occasionally to clear out strange buggies that appear now and again.

Hobart Escin

Post by Hobart Escin »

Again, this issue has existed for years. I will confirm it has nothing to do with corrupt FSX installations and/or conflicting addons. This is not the fault of A2A. The taildragger physics inherent in FSX itself are part of a long list of flawed coding that was inevitable with the culture that existed before the mass firings of the original FSX development team. A lot of big problems with the coding were neglected and overlooked in order to make marketing deadlines, but past leadership (if you can call it that) holds the lion's share of the blame for the current state of FSX.

Ask Robert Randazzo of PMDG how he feels about the inexcusable disheveled state of FSX's internal coding if you want to see someone's face turn livid. :)

The taildragger physics problem seems to revolve around the tailwheel surface friction turning itself on and off somehow, at least from my observation and experience. It's there with the default FSX cub and I firmly believe EVERY taildragger modeled for FSX, regardless of development source. One simply must encounter the correct conditions for the problem to occur, but my hunch is every installation of FSX suffers the problem.

Developers like A2A are a huge paradox to a flawed platform like FSX, and concepts such as Accusim are frankly nothing less than pure brilliance on the part of Scott Gentile and his team. I am in total awe by what developers as A2A can accomplish with their sheer tenacity, genius and unbridled dedication that unfortunately must ultimately be draped over the sordid mold of the cursed FSX base engine itself. Such will always remain an eternal conflict.

Rusty Lock
Senior Airman

Post by Rusty Lock »

I feel this may be relevant to the discussion;

Whilst flying - in FSX - a Cessna 185F tail-dragger, it has a very noticable tendancy to yaw and slip left during the take-off roll, then with right rudder applied to maintain the centre line; forward-slip with nose right. So I tend to make things a little less crossed up by flying a wing-down take-off, as if there's a prominent cross-wind, despite there being little or no cross-wind component.

Undecided if this aids, or confuses the conversation, but felt it may be relevant.

John.
~ Make love to the sky, don't shag it.

Rusty Lock
Senior Airman

Post by Rusty Lock »

RE: the 185F - I should add, that it only displays this moment whilst at low airspeed, high AoA, and only with a heavy hand of MP. The rest of the flight is nice and straight.

John.
~ Make love to the sky, don't shag it.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”