P51 GTN650 installation

Post any technical issues here. This forum gets priority from our staff.
new reply
Iancoolnl
Airman Basic

P51 GTN650 installation

Post by Iancoolnl »

Hey there! I recently purchased the P51 civilian model as well as the war model and accusim however I have a few problems. Some are minor like an inability to steer on the ground (yes even with stick aft and forward) however a more major problem is the fact that the radios just don’t work! Like at all. The solution that I found most useful was adding a GTN650 in the bottom left of my screen for the radios. However, I was thinking about how great and useful it would be to replace the gps already installed with the GTN 650 via a tool or something. I have tried it manually but nothing happens. Maybe I’m doing it wrong... Lol. Any thoughts? Anyone did it successfully that is willing to share that part of their config folder?

Cheers!

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: P51 GTN650 installation

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

Make sure as a start to run the latest Accu-Sim update, found here. This will update your P-51 Mustang to the latest version.
In order to change the default GPS unit in P-51D civilian, you need to run the aircraft configuration tool.

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

Iancoolnl
Airman Basic

Post by Iancoolnl »

Thanks for the reply my Mustang is up to date and I cant find the configuration tool anywhere... just for the pa28. Any idea where I might find it? Is there an external link where i can download it perhaps?

Iancoolnl
Airman Basic

Post by Iancoolnl »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hello and welcome to the forums,

Make sure as a start to run the latest Accu-Sim update, found here. This will update your P-51 Mustang to the latest version.
In order to change the default GPS unit in P-51D civilian, you need to run the aircraft configuration tool.

Cheerz,
Will
Yeah everything is up to date but the only tool i have is the input configurator... any ideas?

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello and welcome to the forums,

after you have run the Accu-sim updater to get yourself all updated lets revisit the other issues you mention so we can help you get up and running before adding any of the third party GPS options.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Iancoolnl
Airman Basic

Post by Iancoolnl »

I think most of my problems are a result of flying this plane on P3D v4... it flies fine though. But I can’t get the accusim update to work properly for V4. When I run it it’s dont in like a second. I tried to do it in an FSX folder (I downloaded the plane and accusim to see if that would work) and it went through this whole scanning thing. I was under the impression that the aircraft was v4 compatible but I guess that’s an update yet to come. Since running it for FSX I do have the configuration tool but after cutting those files to P3Dv4 I get a message that it can’t be found when I try to run it.

Oracle427
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Oracle427 »

The P51 isn't currently supported in P3D.
Flight Simmer since 1983. PP ASEL IR Tailwheel
N28021 1979 Super Viking 17-30A

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes the core product is not 64bit compatible so many things will not work and also even things like physics might be slightly wonky as it is an FSX product not a P3D product. We do have P3D versions coming this year.

thanks
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Iancoolnl
Airman Basic

Post by Iancoolnl »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

yes the core product is not 64bit compatible so many things will not work and also even things like physics might be slightly wonky as it is an FSX product not a P3D product. We do have P3D versions coming this year.

thanks
Lewis - A2A
Cheers! I’m fearing that I’ll have to pay for it all over again. :( But the simulation isn’t too bad and with the GTN in te bottom left the radios work aswell. I’ll wait for the update then. Cheers.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Tech Support”