And the fuselage tank??

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
paulbinet
Airman

And the fuselage tank??

Post by paulbinet »

Hi!
Doing great with my brand new P-51D for P3Dv4!
Just one doubt...
Can anybody tell me where do I have the fuselage tank gauge?
And, manual says that when I run pre-flight checks, I must try all my tanks by reading fuel pressure on respective indicator, EXCEPT external tanks which have no booster pump since they are externally pressurized. They reccomend to try them by reading a positive fuel flow... I haven't found any fuel-flowmeter in the cockpit! Am I going blind??? :shock:

Many, many thanks in advance!
"What the caterpillar calls ''the end of the world'', the master calls a ''butterfly''.” ― Richard Bach, Illusions

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: And the fuselage tank??

Post by AviationAtWar »

paulbinet wrote:Hi!
Can anybody tell me where do I have the fuselage tank gauge?
Same as Bandit's last line to Smokey Bear when they were in the Cadillac at the end of the movie: look over your left shoulder.

After the engine is running you can switch to the drop tanks. If fuel pressure doesn't drop and the engine dies then you have fuel flow from the tanks.

paulbinet
Airman

Post by paulbinet »

Ha,ha,ha,ha,
Oh, yas! I had already seen it just before I read your answer! And anyway, excellent flowmetrics system! A pity to have to restart If I can´t switch the tank on time!
By the way, Is that a late Consolidated Privateer or a B-24 the one on your Avatar?

Paul.-
"What the caterpillar calls ''the end of the world'', the master calls a ''butterfly''.” ― Richard Bach, Illusions

paulbinet
Airman

Post by paulbinet »

Don't say a word. By the nose ball-turret, it's got to be a Privateer. Are STILL ball-turrets Privateers alive?
It would be beautiful to bring that old bird to life in P3Dv4!
Have a nice weekend.
¨Paul.-

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Skycat »

paulbinet wrote:Don't say a word. By the nose ball-turret, it's got to be a Privateer.
B-24 Liberators received defensive nose turrets starting with the B-24H model. "Witchcraft" shown in the avatar is listed as a B-24J.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

paulbinet
Airman

Post by paulbinet »

Thanks a lot, friends. So it was a B-24J at the end.
Have a great week!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”