Persistence and FSX saves, time acceleration

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
missleman01
Airman Basic

Persistence and FSX saves, time acceleration

Post by missleman01 »

Im thinking about the accusim P-51, but my main interest is flights out of Iwo across the Pacific.

Given realities of life, long overwater flights will require flight saves, or time acceleration to complete. How does the persistent airplane handle those?

Also, how does the persistent airplane work with multiple repaints? Are each entry in the config file tracked, or is one P-51 tracked through all?

Thanks! Cant wait to try this one.

Skycat
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Persistence and FSX saves, time acceleration

Post by Skycat »

I've saved Accusim flights mid-air and resumed later. I think about the only thing you'll have to worry about is your controller's throttle position when you return.

Time acceleration is discouraged with Accusim, per the manuals.

The persistent state is recorded to the aircraft model and not to individual liveries. With the P-47, for example, you have different files for the D-20, D-22 and D-23 models; but all D-23 Thunderbolt skins have the same maintenance history. Likewise, the B-17 only comes as a 'G' model so all repaints and liveries share a common maintenance record. I'm not completely sure about the warbird P-51D because there are a few external model and cockpit variations but as I recall all share a common maintenance record. The civilian Mustang is separate from the military, but again all the paints for it share one record.
Pax Orbis Per Arma Aeria

missleman01
Airman Basic

Post by missleman01 »

Thanks, that's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you for the quick reply.

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

Sorry this is almost a year old but I thought I'd add to it in case anyone comes looking. My experience with Accusim products is that much of the systems modeling doesn't respond to time acceleration. Fuel will burn at the normal rate, and your airframe hours will continue to tick at normal speed. So you CAN time accelerate - but your airplane will not accrue fuel burn or wear and tear at more than real-time rates. So I guess your plane will become a time traveler!

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”