Complete/total removal of P-51Mil & Civ programming

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
65Rangoon
Airman Basic

Complete/total removal of P-51Mil & Civ programming

Post by 65Rangoon »

I'm experiencing a significant left leaning cockpit view, from engine start through the take-off roll, on both P-51 versions. As take-off speed increases, the cockpit view rotates to its' normal straight up view. Several program reload efforts on top of the already installed programming have proven useless in fixing the malfunction. Adding to this dilemma, the Win7 Control Panel, Programs & Features selection, which lists the presence of both acft, cannot 'find' either, when the Uninstall/Change utility is clicked.

I'm guessing something is imbedded in the programming of both acft. So, advice needed on how to manually & totally wipe out all P-51 Mil & P-15 Civ program components. I'll follow that action with fresh downloads from A2A.

All alternative advice to sort this out is welcome.

Jacques
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Complete/total removal of P-51Mil & Civ programming

Post by Jacques »

With regards to the left leaning tendency, it might be helpful if you could post a couple of screenshots. I use Track IR and would always think I had whacked the emitters out of alignment, so I would refresh numerous times. Then I realized that it is engine torque causing the leftward lean. I don't always notice it...probably because I'm used to it by now. As you said, as you gather speed on the takeoff it settles out level. So, if you think it is excessive, screenshots might be helpful just to better illustrate the problem.

65Rangoon
Airman Basic

Re: Complete/total removal of P-51Mil & Civ programming

Post by 65Rangoon »

Jacques wrote:With regards to the left leaning tendency, it might be helpful if you could post a couple of screenshots. I use Track IR and would always think I had whacked the emitters out of alignment, so I would refresh numerous times. Then I realized that it is engine torque causing the leftward lean. I don't always notice it...probably because I'm used to it by now. As you said, as you gather speed on the takeoff it settles out level. So, if you think it is excessive, screenshots might be helpful just to better illustrate the problem.
Thanks for your response Jacques. Sorry I never posted a screenshot. but I can tell you the leftward lean was at its' worst, in excess of 30 degrees.

The good news is that I've been able to eliminate it the hard way. I took the drastic step of finding and deleting any and all files associated with the P-51 & P51 Civ. That was followed by a visit to the simulation store for a re-download of both P-51 variants. Their installation was completed without issue and all is back to normal. I wish I had an understanding of what caused the problem in the first place.

As an aside, I also use Track IR w/their Track clip Pro. It took me some time to find the optimum placement of the camera device (now under my Dell monitor pointed upwards towards my nose). That provides from center, full left to right head movement without any image loss.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”