Three cylinders dead even after recompression

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Glider1
Airman

Three cylinders dead even after recompression

Post by Glider1 »

Hi there
I've got roughly 100 hours on the P51civ. I ran a compression test in the maintenance hanger to find three cylinders shot. Tried to fix it but nothing I do will bring the cylinder pressure up higher than 10psi. I thought if I click on the cylinder I could get fix the rings and normalize the pressure compared to the other cylinders but it is not happening.

Is the engine beyond repair already?
Is accusim modelling scoring damage to the cylinder wall?

Thanks in advance!

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: Three cylinders dead even after recompression

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi there,

Did you try clicking on the faulty cylinder in the "inspect engine" part of the maintenance hangar repeatedly? If you click on the cylinder you want to fix you hear a ratchet sound. Just keep clicking for a while and the cylinder should get fixed. It takes some clicks.

Happy flying
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Glider1
Airman

Re: Three cylinders dead even after recompression

Post by Glider1 »

Thanks Piper-EWLL.

The problem is that clicking on the cylinders resulted in 10 PSI max recompression of the cylinder no matter how often I clicked, until I exited the simulator and reloaded the aircraft and went back into the hanger. Then the indicated recompression of the cylinders showed roughly 82 PSI.

So the display didn't update for some reason.

I will be very frank and honest with you. I installed my FSX version of the P51D into P3Dv3 which might be the cause for this glitch. I WILL be purchasing the P3Dv4 version of this warbird because it is the most enjoyable plane I have ever flown in a simulator and I consider P3D 64 bit to be a brand new simulator in my mind even if it is not.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”