Installation Problem with P51D to new PC

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
stiffstarch1
Airman

Installation Problem with P51D to new PC

Post by stiffstarch1 »

Hello Guys and Scott.
I recently got a new PC. I tried to install my old WOP3 P51D from my old external hard drive. It seemed to install ok, but it originally had several versions (Red Dog, EC-2S, Kwitchurbitchin, etc.) Now there is only one version or skin available when I try to access from FSX. I tried to add different skins and edited the Cfg files, but none show up in FSX except the on original one.

Any thoughts on how to get back my original versions as well as adding the new skins.
Is this because I have used up all my installations?? I don't think I can find my receipt ( I purchased this when it was first released), but can provide any information needed.

Do I need to purchase a newer version of WOP3 P51D?

Also..how long is your sale on for your products...I plan on getting the Spitfire and B17G.
Thanks for any help.

Stiffstarch1 (John Dieterle)

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Installation Problem with P51D to new PC

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello John,

No need to buy a new copy if you're just installing on a new PC. With regards to the missing versions, have you checked to see if "show all variations" is ticked, as shown here.

Not sure if you have the Accu-Sim module for the P-51, but if you do, don't forget to run the Accu-Sim update available here.

Thanks,
Nick

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes Nick is correct you are all good to go and it sounds like you just want to finish configuring your new FSX install with the settings like show all UI Variations etc.

The Oshkosh Airventure sale lasts till Sunday, maybe Monday depending on your timezone.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

stiffstarch1
Airman

Post by stiffstarch1 »

Thanks guys..I will check on that "show all variations" on FSX. I will let you know what happens.

John

stiffstarch1
Airman

Post by stiffstarch1 »

Well, I have been uninstalling and reinstalling FSX all night. Seems that after I install and activate FSX it is ok. But when I install FSX Acceleration Pack..It wont let me activate the Expansion pack. I got WOP 3 P51D installed but only 3 variations show up and I can't fly multiplayer without the FSX Expansion pack activated. It also only lets me fly 30 minutes at a time.

Anybody have this issue. I am using Windows10.

If I purchase FSX from steam, is it with the Acceleration pack installed? Does A2A products work with a steam installed FSX?

Thanks for any help you may offer.

John

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi John,

The activation issue you describe is apparently a fairly common one. You could try the advice here.

However, FSX Steam Edition does indeed include the Acceleration Pack, along with a few additional small performance improvements. All A2A's products for FSX will work with FSX-SE too, though it's probably best to get rid of all traces of the disk edition if you do decide to make the switch.

Cheers,
Nick

P.S. By default, I think three different variant of the P-51 is what you get, unless you have installed additional repaints or purchased the civilian version too?

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”