370 hours later the fuel pump is about to give up I think.

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

370 hours later the fuel pump is about to give up I think.

Post by Roadburner426 »

Since I had the day off from work, and the kids are off to school of course there is nothing better to do than take to the virtual skies in peace. :mrgreen: Another cruddy weather day here in Virginia, but at least it isn't raining. Barely had VFR conditions for take off but I was determined to fly today. So after doing all my checks of the trusty steed I pull out on to the runway and throttle up for take off to 55" of pressure. At this point I noticed the fuel pressure light was flickering a tiny bit more than normal, but I attributed it to the wind/weather and continued on. Soon as I went wheels off the flickering stopped so I thought all was well, retracted the gear, and then noticed the fuel pressure light was on steady and that it had dropped to 10psi but was steady at 10psi. So throttled back to 46" and the fuel pressure climbed above the red line for minimum pressure, and has been fine ever since I've been in cruise. I am coming due for a generator change (voltage is running lower than normal) and a radiator change (temps running higher than normal) anyway so probably going to go on ahead and change her then. I don't take video while flying, but took these screen caps so people without so many hours on the Stang can see. Either way be vigilant, happy flying, and if the fuel pressure starts running low throttle back to gain pressure as the electric pump is only good for cruise power. 8)

S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Re: 370 hours later the fuel pump is about to give up I thin

Post by Roadburner426 »

Well I decided to check up under the hood at the halfway point of my flight to see if the pump had finally failed. As you'll see below it still shows yellow, so I am going to continue to roll with it. If nothing else the electric pump will at least get me back to the ground safely.

S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: 370 hours later the fuel pump is about to give up I thin

Post by Scott - A2A »

I love posts like this :) It really feels like what I've been doing with the Aerostar prior to it's recent annual, which is all about squashing every last squawk.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”