P3D P-51 Civ Installation - Left Toe Brake Problem

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
TreeTops
Master Sergeant

P3D P-51 Civ Installation - Left Toe Brake Problem

Post by TreeTops »

The problem is - Pushing the right toe brake works but not the left. This means there is no left brake to assist in taxi and no braking from a landing due to right toe brake only pulling the plane off to the right side of the runway.

Install was via FSX.exe file in the P3D folder and changing the registry path from FSX to P3D. All installs worked seamlessly and then ran the latest updater.

I have checked every one of the A2A planes in P3Dv3.4 and none have this problem except the P-51 Civ. Note even the P-51 Mil works fine.
The Mil version has both brake pedals animating and performing correctly. The Civ version only shows the right brake pedal animating and performing the braking function.
This is a real shame since it is the Civilian version I fly the most as it has the autopilot.

Only basic Saitek rudder pedals. No registered FSUIPC.

I know the A2A policy about P3D installs being unsupported as it has been repeated many times over the past couple of years. Oh how I wish these planes were given P3D installers.
I have the whole set and all the P3D installers as FSX/P3D combos.

Does anyone have any suggestions for correcting this.
Cheers
Trev

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: P3D P-51 Civ Installation - Left Toe Brake Problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Trev,

Pretty sure there's nothing fundamental to the Civilian Mustang installation in P3D which should cause the issue you describe. (Both toe brakes work fine in my P-51D Civ after I moved the installation to P3D v.3.4)

Have you checked in the maintenance hangar to make sure there's not an issue there?

Cheers,
Nick

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Thanks for the suggestion Nick. As I suspected though it hasn't fixed the problem. If something was wrong with the brake in the hanger the left pedal should have at least shown movement in the cockpit.
Cheers
Trev

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

I stumbled across what was causing this issue.
If I select in the aircraft configurator the elevator trim to the saitek trimwheel, it grabs the left rudder pedal and uses that to roll the trim wheel in the aircraft. Yikes.
Disabling the elevator trim in the configurator and just using the sim controls for the trim wheel, the left toe brake is operational again.
Something weird in the aircraft configurator.
Cheers
Trev

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”