P-51 Civilian Radio and Accusim sounds (all accusim airplane

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
werner76aj
Airman

P-51 Civilian Radio and Accusim sounds (all accusim airplane

Post by werner76aj »

Hello all, new to the forums but an Accu-Sim fan with a near-full hangar of all the wonderful Accu-Sim airplanes. I run FSX on a higher-performing Intel Core machine with N-Vidia chip set and Windows 10 OS. I run REX Essentials for WX, VR Head tracker and Have a couple questions:

On my P-51D Civ model the radio stacks will not show the radio displays. I have checked avionics master switch on, battery full charge and generator on, the radios work, but just don't display the frequencies. The rest of the airplane performs without any issues.

Another thing I notice with all Accu-Sim and COTS aircraft that the sounds (switch clicks, Heidi, fasten belts, and other ambient sounds) other than engine sounds will disappear after a long period of flying.

Any help would be most appreciated. I cannot say enough about how much I have learned about high-performance 1940s and 1950s aircraft technology while flying your wonderful simulations and reading the awesome manuals too. :D :D

maddz
Senior Airman

Re: P-51 Civilian Radio and Accusim sounds (all accusim airp

Post by maddz »

cant advise on sounds, but as for radio stack, im sure theres a on/off switch on the actual unit itself.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi - welcome to the forums! :)

As regards the missing radio displays, another possibility (other than the individual switches being off) is that something is blocking the "P51.dll" from loading. This could either be antivirus software or similar, or that the module needs to be "trusted" within the FSX.cfg. When you first ran the P-51, do you remember seeing a "security warning" message asking if you wished to allow this file to run?

Cheers,
Nick

werner76aj
Airman

Post by werner76aj »

Thanks for the advice. I have confirmed all the A2A aircraft as trusted and have checked the individual radios are switched on.

Through some tinkering, I think I have traced the killed Accusim sounds problem to my Track IR camera that was set to auto launch when windows launches. The sound would die right as the camera would flash its status lights. Then the camera software would laways crash when I tried to close the app.

Now I launch the camera when I launch FSX and it seems to have helped.

Has anyone else had this problem with Track IR are as well? I run the most current drivers and would love to hear feedback.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”