ASN making controls hyper sensitive

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

ASN making controls hyper sensitive

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I have been conducting a test , both with and without ASN , using A2A P-51 , without ASN , if i hold the controls still , while in level flight , there is a slight gentle up/down of 500 fpm on the VSI , possibly caused by accu-sim , but put ASN into the sim and hold the aircraft controls still , while in level flight , the VSI swings up/down on the VSI in varing amounts , sometimes by as much as 6000fpm , and very rapid movements .
I know that the default ASN settings regarding turbulance , is very excessive , but i have mine set by about half , but its looking like i might have to tweak ASN settings even more so , in the hope of toning down wild sensitive swings on A2A aircraft.
When i came to put the video evidence into this post , i found two twitch recordings , so either my internet had a momentary outage , which twitch is very sensative to , or ASN might have been hogging the internet while weather updateing causing twitch to dropout.

https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/97777206
https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/97781922

Regards alan. 8)

joespeed52
Senior Airman

Re: ASN making controls hyper sensitive

Post by joespeed52 »

I'm no developer, but from my experience with ASN, I have found no unreasonable control inputs from the aircraft. I do agree with your statement about the weather station being corrupt, and that making the changes that you see.
For one,( and I might be speaking for many people here,) whatever head movement program you use, (TrackIR, i'm guessing), it moves your head view so fast around and the view of the cockpit is so fast and bumpy that I couldn't make out the individual control movements. If the settings of the head movement were turned down, (but i'm again just guessing, since I just use a hat switch, and I have not purchased TrackIR,) the view of the cockpit would be smoother and less bumpy to be able to see the twitches and movements you see.

Just my U.S. $0.02. :lol:
-Joe
Comanche, 172, 182, PA-28, Civ/Mil Mustang, T-6, COTS L049, P-40, Spitfire, V35, and Mighty B-17.
2000+ Hours FSX:SE

alan CXA651
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by alan CXA651 »

Hi.
I kept the controls for the elevator/ailerons stationary , and watched the VSI , which i kept at zero , and without ASN the VSI moved slowly up/down by about 500fpm , posibly caused by accu-sim giveing aircraft a real feel.
With ASN the VSI would move rapidly from zero either up/down by as much as 6000fpm , i have made some adsjustments in ASN and just done another test flight , although the aircraft with controls held stationary for level flight , still moves up/down from zero on the VSI , the movements are no longer rapid , but more of a gentle movement , makeing aircraft more controlable than before.
ASN setting now are .
Max Cloud Turbulance default 100/ i had them at 50 / now 25
Max Wind Turbulance default 100 now 75
Turbulance Effect Scale default 70 now 30
Max Wind Shear default 50 now 25

Aircraft has a more natural flying feel to it since toneing these down.
https://www.twitch.tv/cxa651/v/97866283

Regards alan. 8)

joespeed52
Senior Airman

Post by joespeed52 »

I have all of my turbulence and wind shear effect scales up to 100%. I've never had a weird thing like that happen. Huh.
Comanche, 172, 182, PA-28, Civ/Mil Mustang, T-6, COTS L049, P-40, Spitfire, V35, and Mighty B-17.
2000+ Hours FSX:SE

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”