Civilian Mustang Problem

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
TomSteber
Airman

Civilian Mustang Problem

Post by TomSteber »

I've owned the Civilian Mustang for some time and it is my all time favorite to fly. I was flying it for several months and had no problems what so ever.
Then I had a new computer built for me.

This computer has all the bells and whistles to finally run FSX the way I always wanted. Everything else loads and runs well, including
the A2A Piper Cub with Accu-Sim, but the Mustang makes FSX and the computer lock up. It will load and everything looks fine. I'm able to move the controls. But as soon as I try to open the canopy or start the engine, everything freezes and I am forced to reboot the computer. I have quite a few payware planes and they all load and fly fine. I'm also running the latest version of Accu-Feel. Computer runs great and FSX runs great.

I've looked for an event code and am finding an event but no code.
I've even tried re-downloading the Mustang. Same results. My old computer was running Windows XP. New computer running Windows 10. Don't know if that makes any difference.
Really hoping someone here can help. I was really looking forward to flying my Mustang on the new system and also want to get the new AT-6.
Any help would be appreciated greatly.

i7-4790K
GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
MSI Z97
16 GB RAM
240 GB SSD
1 TB 2nd HD
750w 80+ Bronze Power Supply
Noctura NH-D14 120mm & 14mm SSO CPU Cooler
Windows 10

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Civilian Mustang Problem

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hiya Tom - welcome to the forums. :)

No personal experience of running FSX on Win 10 I'm afraid, but I gather there shouldn't be any problems.

Which version of FSX are you using though? If it's the original disk version (not FSX Acceleration or the Steam Edition) I'm wondering if you remembered to install the two free service packs from Microsoft on your new PC: https://www.microsoft.com/Products/Game ... ads/Pages/.

The other basic troubleshooting question we always need to ask: have you downloaded and installed the Accu-Sim update available here?

Cheers,
Nick

TomSteber
Airman

Re: Civilian Mustang Problem

Post by TomSteber »

Sorry, forgot to mention I'm flying FSX Gold along with UTX and GEX.
Also I don't have Accu-Sim for the Mustang yet.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”