5 Minutes of Aerobatic routine with the Stang at 3W5

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
new reply
stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Hey Guys! Hope everyone is doing great!

I made this quick flight yesterday to let go a bit of stress off... Being a dad and working full time as a teacher is... demanding.. I'm sure there are other dads around here so I won't complain.
That being said, I decided to film with Nvidia GeForce Experience... and upload to the Tube... Hope you guys like..
I know its far from perfect.. to my defence, I hadn't flown much in the last 3 months..
As you'll see at the end, I came in way hot for that short strip...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-yQRMQa8SE[/youtube]

As usual, I'm always opened to comments and questions!
Fly safe all!

Steph

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Re: 5 Minutes of Aerobatic routine with the Stang at 3W5

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Hi Steph,

Good to see you back here. I hope everything is going ok with your little one? Nice video. I'm sure the folks at the airfield enjoyed the display with the mighty Merlin growling through the valley. And I'm sure the enjoyed the landing too. Maybe a couple of spectators were quick enough to make a bet if you would be able to stop in time or not :wink: Just kidding but you did come in hot on this one.

Thanks for sharing!
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Lol! Things are seriously all right! But we are still in the first of many things... this week for example, the mechanics report our first cold... LO keeps on coughing.. a mix of clogged plugs and predetonation at night it sounds like... seriously, I know we all went through this and we all made grown up... but jeez it's hard to see that poor little thing in that state. I really tried my best not to get him sick, but once my wife had it too.... it was kind of a lost fight... will do for a better immune system down the road I guess.. he's gonna be 5 months old next week and it's the first time he's sick, so can't complain..

Yeah, that landing must have been entertaining for bystanders! There are quite a few on that ORBX airport.. and two right by the rnw25 threshold!

Not my best but as you've seen already, i made worst at 2S1 last summer ! Have you been flying lately Wiskey Lima?

Cheers!

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Piper_EEWL
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Piper_EEWL »

Yes I bet it's hard to to see the little one sick. I don't have any of my own (yet :wink: ) so I can only imagine. I hope he's better soon!

I haven't gotten to fly much either those last weeks (neither the sim nor RL :cry: ). Life just kept my busy. I hope to get some more time on my hands soon. Especially when the Connie gets released :wink:

Take care
B377&COTS, J3 Cub, B-17G, Spitfire, P-40, P-51D, C172, C182, Pa28, Pa24, T-6 Texan, L-049&COTS, Bonanza V35B

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Nice video, thanks for sharing with us and the community,

cheers,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

aaadodger
Airman

Post by aaadodger »

nice looks easier and smoother than fsx . is that case? if you had the chance to compare the two(fsx-v-p3).maybe i am doing something wrong in fsx but i can not stand it on the tail like that ! goes into serious spin,flat spin a little of everything. nice again.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Nice one, thanks for sharing! P51 in P3D looks sharp. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

stephan.cote.1 wrote:Hey Guys! Hope everyone is doing great!

I made this quick flight yesterday to let go a bit of stress off... Being a dad and working full time as a teacher is... demanding.. I'm sure there are other dads around here so I won't complain.
That being said, I decided to film with Nvidia GeForce Experience... and upload to the Tube... Hope you guys like..
I know its far from perfect.. to my defence, I hadn't flown much in the last 3 months..

Fly safe all!

Steph

Looks good.
Some notes I took;

Fuel load for display (assuming 15 minutes in the box) ; take out the fuselage tank if you haven't done so already and fly with balanced tanks. Ideally no more than 1/2 tanks. I always flew off the left.

In the Mustang, plan for a vertical profile (loops, 1/2 Cubans etc) for around 300 entry with a +3g pull with a high energy gate at 3K or better
and 110 indicated. A good indicator your high gates are good is that you should never be pulling g during the last quarter on your down line recoveries.

On your rolls; Rolling a prop fighter for display is done on a parabolic curve. Don't be afraid to pull that nose up a bit more before initiating. Rolls to the torque side (left in the Mustang) are a bit easier. Indicator for a good roll is that the nose should be below the horizon the same amount on the recovery as it was above the horizon at initiation.

Power set at METO is ok but watch the coolant and oil temps. Use AUTO but keep an eye for temp increase. If getting hot open the flaps.

All in all looking quite good. Glad you are having so much fun in the Mustang.

Dudley Henriques

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:

Fly safe all!

Steph

Looks good.
Some notes I took;

Fuel load for display (assuming 15 minutes in the box) ; take out the fuselage tank if you haven't done so already and fly with balanced tanks. Ideally no more than 1/2 tanks. I always flew off the left.

In the Mustang, plan for a vertical profile (loops, 1/2 Cubans etc) for around 300 entry with a +3g pull with a high energy gate at 3K or better
and 110 indicated. A good indicator your high gates are good is that you should never be pulling g during the last quarter on your down line recoveries.

On your rolls; Rolling a prop fighter for display is done on a parabolic curve. Don't be afraid to pull that nose up a bit more before initiating. Rolls to the torque side (left in the Mustang) are a bit easier. Indicator for a good roll is that the nose should be below the horizon the same amount on the recovery as it was above the horizon at initiation.

Power set at METO is ok but watch the coolant and oil temps. Use AUTO but keep an eye for temp increase. If getting hot open the flaps.

Dudley Henriques
All noted! Written on paper in fact!

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch and comment Dudley!!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

stephan.cote.1 wrote:
DHenriquesA2A wrote:

Fly safe all!

Steph
Looks good.
Some notes I took;

Dudley Henriques
All noted! Written on paper in fact!

Thank you so much for taking the time to watch and comment Dudley!!!

My pleasure. The team worked very hard on the 51 to make it a special edition of the type. Really glad you are enjoying flying it so much. When I fly it in the sim it's almost exactly as I remember flying the real one.
It's absolutely uncanny the job our artists did on the cockpit. Moonbeam at the time we did the 51 was owned by a good friend of mine and he and Scott worked together to get things just right.
Have fun.

dvm
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by dvm »

Well done ! It would be interesting to watch the routine from something like a tower view. Is is possible to record a routine from an outside view by using instant replay ? I record my screen shots using instant replay which gives a lot of options.

cflord
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by cflord »

Sweet! Good way to blow off steam and get rid of the day's stress! Very nive video.

Keep the shiny side up and the dirty side down!

Ret SMSgt Cliff Lord - C-130 Flight Engineer & Mechanic 8) :D

stephan.cote.1
Staff Sergeant

Post by stephan.cote.1 »

Hey! Big thank you for the comment! I'll try to get some kind of external view on a similar routine when I get a bit of spare time.. hopefully this weekend... cause weeks are seriously loaded these days with the end of school year approaching, I'm working double time with my grade 10 so they are a ready as possible for their ministerial evaluation coming up in 3 weeks

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”