Mustang pulls left on takeoff

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Mustang pulls left on takeoff

Post by bladerunner900 »

Styggron wrote:Would be nice if newer planes also had optional accu-sim as well. The Constellation will I'm sure.
I wouldn't think so. Going on past form, it will probably be an all in one package. Probably.

One thing about P3D, it has the L049 and C69 so it will be interesting to see which is the better.

I'm kidding, of course. It will be 'no contest' I'm sure. :wink:

:twisted:

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I have to say it...Simmer or Gamer? :D
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Ron Attwood wrote:I have to say it...Simmer or Gamer? :D
Who, me? A bit of both really. I play games to relax and then play seriously in a sim. I love my Accu-Sim Spitfire.

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

bladerunner900 wrote:
Who, me? A bit of both really. I play games to relax and then play seriously in a sim. I love my Accu-Sim Spitfire.
No not you. I knew this would be misconstrued. Flight Simulator is a 'sim' therefore we strive for realism, which A2A provides in spades. Games are...games. What I was trying to say was, when you buy A2A you're buying 'sim' i.e. realism. Turn that off and you have a game.
Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

bladerunner900
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by bladerunner900 »

Ron Attwood wrote:
bladerunner900 wrote:
No not you. I knew this would be misconstrued. Flight Simulator is a 'sim' therefore we strive for realism, which A2A provides in spades. Games are...games. What I was trying to say was, when you buy A2A you're buying 'sim' i.e. realism. Turn that off and you have a game.
Keep your hair on mate.(what is left anyway :P )I agree with you. Games are, games as you say and are fun when you find one you like. Flight sims are fun too and can be as much fun or real as you are willing or able to make it. :wink:

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

bladerunner900 wrote:
Styggron wrote:Would be nice if newer planes also had optional accu-sim as well. The Constellation will I'm sure.
I wouldn't think so. Going on past form, it will probably be an all in one package. Probably.

One thing about P3D, it has the L049 and C69 so it will be interesting to see which is the better.

I'm kidding, of course. It will be 'no contest' I'm sure. :wink:

:twisted:
Sadly, you were spot on. The constellation is all in one pack as this is the direction for all future releases. Oh well, I guess that's it for me with A2A as I prefer planes NOT to have accu-sim. I'll have to stick with Aircraft Factory but they have not released anything in a while now :(

(For new people reading this, I did a comparison with the Piper J3 Cub with and without accu-sim as well as the Spitfire and concluded that for *me*, it was not worth adding the pack on due to cost.)
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by speedy70 »

I emphasise this was his personal opinion.Most A2A customers would totally disagree.

Cheers Chris

Errante97_
Airman Basic

Post by Errante97_ »

Hello

Same problem here. I'm using P51 Civilian with Prepar3D v3.4 sp1, with FSX-SP2-XPACK simmconnect installed. Warthog hotas configured in prepar3d.

Step 1: Install P-51 Civilian and everything goes on perfectly
Step 2: Install P-51 Accusim and everything still goes perfectly (taking off, flying and landing)
Step 3: Update accusim using 'A2A_Update_05_09_16.exe' and the problem appears: plane goes into crazy, unrecoverable spin in the first second the plane leave ground, allways, no matter whatever I do.

The spin speed is very strange, unreal... too fast ... Also I've try to start a scenary already in the air, at 200 knots and 4000ft, but its worst, in half second the plane spins incredibily fast to left and dont stops... faster and faster. I've try to delete .dat file as you said in the post, but didn't work for me.

I've got also Piper Cherokee accu-sim, and it's updated with 'A2A_Update_05_09_16.exe' too, but I've no problems with it, runs perfectly as usual.

The only workaround I've found is to uninstall and install again without update accusim... works but I can't use gtn650 gps...

Any idea? May be an incompatibility with prepar3d 3.4?
Accu-Sim: Piper Cherokee|P-51 Civilian
Accu-Feel v2
Prepar3d 3.4|AS16+ASCA+ENVTEX|Orbx|GSX|UT2

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Errante97_ wrote:Hello

Same problem here. I'm using P51 Civilian with Prepar3D v3.4 sp1, with FSX-SP2-XPACK simmconnect installed. Warthog hotas configured in prepar3d.

Step 2: Install P-51 Accusim and everything still goes perfectly (taking off, flying and landing)
Step 3: Update accusim using 'A2A_Update_05_09_16.exe' and the problem appears: plane goes into crazy, unrecoverable spin in the first second the plane leave ground, allways, no matter whatever I do.

The spin speed is very strange, unreal... too fast ... Also I've try to start a scenary already in the air, at 200 knots and 4000ft, but its worst, in half second the plane spins incredibily fast to left and dont stops... faster and faster. I've try to delete .dat file as you said in the post, but didn't work for me.

I've got also Piper Cherokee accu-sim, and it's updated with 'A2A_Update_05_09_16.exe' too, but I've no problems with it, runs perfectly as usual.

The only workaround I've found is to uninstall and install again without update accusim... works but I can't use gtn650 gps...

The P-51 is an FSX product it is not supported on a different platform.

Our P3D products are here on the store;
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... 57a6e29da7

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Errante97_
Airman Basic

Post by Errante97_ »

Lewis - A2A wrote:
Errante97_ wrote:Hello

The P-51 is an FSX product it is not supported on a different platform.

Our P3D products are here on the store;
https://a2asimulations.com/store/index. ... 57a6e29da7

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis

Dont worry, It's not a compatibility problem... After a pair of days testing I've found where's the trick.

The problem is fuselage tank. To get it full of fuel makes plane ungovernable in the sim after accu-sim update (at least with my settings). If I reduce the ammount of fuel in that tank to 50% or less there's no problem. I've to test it more to find the max fuel ammount in that tank before get in troubles.

The manual recommends not to use more than 40 galons in that tank because it modifies drastically the center of gravity and acrobatics are not possible. Also describes the take off config neccesary if you decide to use it full of fuel. So I suppose it can be used full of fuel. What I dont know is why that heavy spin to the left if I following manual recommendations....

Whatever.... problem solved

thanks!
Accu-Feel v2

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Heavy spin to the left after lift off suggests a classic torque induced roll.
Are you significantly increasing your speed prior to lift off with the fuselage tank filled?
Try a really long runway and hold it on the ground for much longer than you would normally and see if it flies off successfully.
Cheers
Trev

Errante97_
Airman Basic

Post by Errante97_ »

Yes! you're completely in reason!

Full of fuel, I've waited to the end of the runway, with the tail up, to get the maximun speed possible. Then I've pulled up, raising nose and experiencing a little spin to the left but controllable. Gears up and follow my way, very carefully, using fusellage tank first. My fault is that, before this advice, I was taking off with full tanks the same way that with half tanks.... without waiting for the max speed at the end of the runway

Accusim is really cool and this is a very fun plane... hour and hours of VFR are waiting for me! :lol:

Thanks!
Accu-Feel v2

TreeTops
Master Sergeant

Post by TreeTops »

Good to hear you have success. That big engine up front will spin the plane like a top in all phases of flight if there isn't enough airflow to counteract the torque. It sounds like your runway is too short for full tanks. Once you have practised on longer ones until you are confident how it handles you may be able to cone back and have more success. Simply lifting up because the runway is ending is not going to end well with this plane.
You should also have a little right aileron pressure on lift off to counteract that torque roll, replacing it as speed is gained.
Read Dudley's definitive post on how to take off in the mustang. If you follow exactly what he says you will get the shortest possible lift off in a safe and correct manner.
Cheers
Trev

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”