What will I miss without Accusim?

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
ryanbatc
Staff Sergeant

Re: What will I miss without Accusim?

Post by ryanbatc »

A little late response... but I finally bought this thing + accusim yesterday... interesting plane... I've already read the manual once and will be doing so again!

CurlSnout
Airman

Post by CurlSnout »

Seems clear that everyone who has responded to the OP's question is a fan of Accu-Sim.

But, just to be clear for someone who has no experience in these matters: It is possible to purchase, and fly, the WoP3 P-51 WITHOUT Accu-Sim - right? In other words, Accu-Sim is not required to purchase and fly the WoP3 p-51 - correct?

(Say, for example, someone wanted to buy the plane now and buy the Accu-Sim package later)

Thanks,

cs

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

CurlSnout wrote:Seems clear that everyone who has responded to the OP's question is a fan of Accu-Sim.

But, just to be clear for someone who has no experience in these matters: It is possible to purchase, and fly, the WoP3 P-51 WITHOUT Accu-Sim - right? In other words, Accu-Sim is not required to purchase and fly the WoP3 p-51 - correct?

(Say, for example, someone wanted to buy the plane now and buy the Accu-Sim package later)

Thanks,

cs
Yes, the accu-sim packs are realism add ons to bring up the realism of the old MSFS systems by essentially using a whole new simulation engine called accu-sim to model things.
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

CurlSnout
Airman

Post by CurlSnout »

Thanks for your speedy reply. I bought the plane (without Accu-Sim) but cannot seem to figure out how to get her started. I don't mean to hijack this thread; I'll begin a new one and solicit assistance.

cs

ramjet
Airman

Post by ramjet »

To accusim or not, that's the question.

I decided to purchase the P-51 without Accusim and try her out. Right away I had lots to challenge me as I figured out how to start, take-off, fly, and land. This is a wonderfully complex model and I figured that I'd be hard pressed to be consistently able to fly her and questioned how adding Accusim could make it much better. After 2 weeks I got more able to fly it. Then I re-watched the videos and heard sounds and gauge actions I wasn't getting without Accusim so I decided to pop for the added realism.

I'm happy with my decision. As I started the engine I heard more mechanical sounds and taxiing I saw the improvement with more response to the ground surface. I felt and heard more wind and drag sounds as well as more audible pops and creaks of the airframe and engine. Making a high speed low level pass I could hardly keep the plane straight and level, that was fun and I like the solid sounding clicks of switches and levers.

Even though my setup is pretty basic and I'm just using small stereo headphones, my senses are telling me I am in a fast machine. I vote for Accusim.

good flights, Cal

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Exactly. Accu-Sim isn't about complexity, it's about realism and immersion. It's not harder, in fact, it's easier to fly with Accu-Sim since things operate and respond as you expect them too.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

These warbirds are rugged airplanes, they were designed for the rigors of air combat. Accusimmed airplanes won't blow up if you breath wrong. These airplanes are great teachers. Like Scott says, accusim gives feedback, so you learn why you should or shouldn't do a procedure a particular way.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

MZee1960
Airman First Class

Post by MZee1960 »

[quote="guenseli"]I'm not sure if I understand you right regarding Accusm and the RXP GNS - they do not have anything to do with each other!

AccuSim itself is ... breathing live into your plane.
Don't know how I could describe it.

Imagine this wonderful 2000hp engine in the mustang and all what you are doing is to kick in full throttle without any consequences?
With Accusim you can really "feel" how the engine is doing ... you can hear and see if it is possibly idling a bit too low, if there's maybe one cylinder not in really good condition any more.

You have really to take care about your plane: you have to check fluids, oxygen etc (it is not the FSX 100% fuel with every loaded flight), you have to check your engine/plane and lookout if there are worn parts. You have to keep an eye about flap and gear speeds, you will feel the dissimilar drag when moving gears up or down.

As I said, I can't describe it in it's deepnes.

I have recently purchased the Duke B60 from Real Air (which came with their version of sound effects/enhancements - RealView). It was after this purchase, I honestly felt, I was deprived of my sense of hearing (especially) when climbing into any default FSX aircraft. Flying the Duke was so much more enjoyable as I could hear everything going on around the airplane - as if I was there in real life. My search to breathe a similar life into the default FSX aircraft led me to purchase Accu-Feel, and now all is good once again.

Now, I have my sights on the A2A Civilian Mustang. I know it has an Accu-Sim option...... BUT I have Accu-Feel already. I am not really interested in spending all my time trying to figure out what is wrong with the airplane mechanically, or why it won't start, as Accu-Sim seems to put you in that spot over and over again (I received this impression from reading posts in this forum). I just want to be able to get in, start the engine, and fly, BUT....... also want to have the Accu-Feel environmental effects as well (tire screech on landing, brake squeal etc.etc.)

My question is :
1) Will Accu-Feel work with the A2A Mustang ?
2) Do I really need Accu-Sim ? Will something break down with the airplane, or will wear and tear on the engine, brakes, or ? eventually make this model "unflyable" without having Accu-Sim to "fix it"? What happens, for instance, if after a hard landing, a landing gear breaks ? Can I just "reload" the airplane in FSX and all is good again ?

Thank-you, in advance, for your input.

MZee.
Cheers,
MZee.

A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great' landing is one after which they can use the airplane again.

DC3
Technical Sergeant

Post by DC3 »

Hi MZee,

I am waiting to see the answers to your questions. I think they are valid and interesting.

I would like to make one small comment, in that I read these forums also and I see a lot of issues, break downs, etc. mentioned by the various contributors to these forums. In my case I am somewhat manic about following procedures and watching the maintenance and limits of the accusim aircraft I fly and I don't seem to have the number of break downs many have. So maybe I am not pushing the limits to the extent that I should :D
The point being, if you fly within the limits of the aircraft and follow the maintenance procedures and inspections for the aircraft accusim may not throw so many problems your way. Accusim as you already experienced does enhance quite a bit the immersion factor though.

Mike
:)

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Having the P-51 (minus accusim :oops: haven't gotten around to it yet) and not having accu-feel (although testing out another fsx physics program) comparing to the other accusimmed aircraft, it is missing that life that accusim provides. Without accusim it is more of a very good FSX model that won't displease you.....it's not going to do anything crazy like break down and you can't fly it.......also, having accusim, you can always turn off damage should you wish to "bang em around a bit".

My suggestion is to get it when you can because it adds so much :D

JoeS475
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by JoeS475 »

Hi MZee,

I have the P-51 with Accusim AND Accufeel and I love it.

If you are new to Accusim, you may be concerned about always fixing things and not having the plane start and such. Truthfully, there will be a slight learning curve, but in short time you will be able to jump into the Accusim P-51, fire it up and just go flying! Mine rarely needs repairs, as I'm pretty gentle with it, but every now and then it'll bite you. Maybe you put your flaps all the way down too quickly, or dropped your gear at a high rate of speed, or pushed the throttle ALL the way forward on takeoff- it WILL let you know! These things happen with Accusim only, not Accufeel, and rapidly make you a better pilot.

You don't need to use Accufeel if you have Accusim, but I choose to do so, so I can get a louder tire screech, and get the side forces sound of the tires if I don't keep it straight on the runway, and for the added turbulence effects. I strongly recommend both in conjunction with eachother!

Taildraggin68, you don't have Accusim for the Mustangs?!?!?! What are you waiting for, with Accusim it is arguably better than the Cessna or Piper (minus of course the pre-flight)! I also love the fact that Dudley contributed so much to the plane- his input (and support here on the forums) validates the model in such a way that gives it credence and authenticity like no other warbird simulation ever (not even A2A's other Accusim birds, IMO). Get it! :mrgreen:

Joe
Joe

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

I know I know lol it is on my list Joe :lol: Kid's and school are killing me right now :shock:

DHenriques_
A2A Chief Pilot

Post by DHenriques_ »

CurlSnout wrote:Seems clear that everyone who has responded to the OP's question is a fan of Accu-Sim.

Thanks,

cs
It's not required...........but not getting it could easily be equated to the most beautiful woman on the planet agreeing to make love to you but asking you to wear a blindfold while you're doing it.
Dudley Henriques

Tomas Linnet
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by Tomas Linnet »

DHenriquesA2A wrote:It's not required...........but not getting it could easily be equated to the most beautiful woman on the planet agreeing to make love to you but asking you to wear a blindfold while you're doing it.
Dudley Henriques
This settles it then...you don't want to go with no Accu-sim.... :D
Kind Regards
Tomas

Sim: FSX SE
Accu-Sim aircraft in my hangar:
C172, C182, P51 Civ, P51 Mil, B17, Spitfire, P47, B377 COTS,
J3 Cub, T6, Connie, P-40, V35B
A2A Accu-Sim Avro Lancaster Loading:............0.000003% complete, please wait.

MZee1960
Airman First Class

Post by MZee1960 »

Thank-you DC3, taildraggin68, JoeS475, DHenriquesA2A, Thomas Linnet, et al. for your input. Essentially Accu-Sim breathes life into the aircraft, and Accu-Feel adds the "environmental effects" around the aircraft, hence making both the aircraft and the environment in which it is flown appear more realistic. I think I will get the A2A Mustang with the Accu-Sim pack at the same time. Initially I will probably "bang" it up a bit, but after some learning, hopefully all will be OK. I was just worried that flying the Mustang with Accu-Sim would be like flying and airplane made of glass - once something breaks, it would be very hard to put it back together ( LOL !!!). On the other hand, I didn't want to just load it up and admire it sitting cold and dark on the ground, afraid to fly it - as "something may break - and then what ? ".

It's hard to believe that about 2 years ago, I almost gave up on FSX. I was getting a new desktop built, and nearly opted to go with a simple system as I truly believed FSX was dead once the ACES development team dissolved after the SP 2 release. I then saw a YouTube FSX video which changed my mind about how FSX could appear with a few simple add-ons from passionate developers. It sure is nice for developers like A2A to take FSX to the next level and make flying in the virtual world now more enjoyable than ever.

MZee.
Cheers,
MZee.

A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great' landing is one after which they can use the airplane again.

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”