What will I miss without Accusim?

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
robert41
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: What will I miss without Accusim?

Post by robert41 »

Accusim gives the aircraft a more realistic flight.
The damage that comes with Accusim is actually only a small part of Accusim. Yes, there are random failures, but these are usually pretty rare. Treat the aircraft right and it wont break.
Any repairs are easy to do. Just send the bill to Lewis at A2A. I have been doing this since getting the P51's. I do not think he has found out yet. :mrgreen:
And you will be amazed at how the aircraft ages after flying some hours. Just like your car, performance slowly degrades over time.
Accufeel is a tiny bit of Accusim for almost all aircraft in FSX.

MZee1960
Airman First Class

Post by MZee1960 »

robert41 wrote:Accusim gives the aircraft a more realistic flight.
The damage that comes with Accusim is actually only a small part of Accusim. Yes, there are random failures, but these are usually pretty rare. Treat the aircraft right and it wont break.
Any repairs are easy to do. Just send the bill to Lewis at A2A. I have been doing this since getting the P51's. I do not think he has found out yet. :mrgreen:
And you will be amazed at how the aircraft ages after flying some hours. Just like your car, performance slowly degrades over time.
Accufeel is a tiny bit of Accusim for almost all aircraft in FSX.

Hi Robert,
Never mind, the Accusim version,........ I think I'll get the real one, now that I know who to send the bills to !! Hope he pays for medical insurance as well. (LOL) !!

Thanks for the info,

Milan.
Last edited by MZee1960 on 20 Sep 2014, 15:00, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,
MZee.

A 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. A 'great' landing is one after which they can use the airplane again.

EnDSchultz
Technical Sergeant

Post by EnDSchultz »

taildraggin68 wrote:Having the P-51 (minus accusim :oops: haven't gotten around to it yet) and not having accu-feel (although testing out another fsx physics program) comparing to the other accusimmed aircraft, it is missing that life that accusim provides. Without accusim it is more of a very good FSX model that won't displease you.....it's not going to do anything crazy like break down and you can't fly it.......also, having accusim, you can always turn off damage should you wish to "bang em around a bit".

My suggestion is to get it when you can because it adds so much :D
Man, oh man, that's hard to fathom. I tried the un-Accusimmed P-51 once when going through a reinstall. I think I got through the startup and takeoff before turning it off and reinstalling Accusim. :P

The plane felt and sounded so...well, lifeless. Flat, one-dimensional, devoid of character. What really got me about it was the sound. It wasn't bad, but it really showed the limitations of the FSX sound engine. The engine seemed stale and had no depth to it.

When you eventually get the Accusim, Taildraggin, you're going to love it. That monstrous V12 will rattle your teeth when you push it to takeoff power. :D

Accusim's put me in a bit of a pickle, really. Occasionally I feel the urge to broaden my horizons a bit, maybe pick up a payware civilian twin from some other developer, but then I realize that it'll never compete with Accusim, and won't be worth the asking price for the spoiled brat A2A have turned me into. :P

taildraggin68
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by taildraggin68 »

Well I finally bit the bullet and got the military p-51 with the accusim pack. Wish me luck, I'm going in........

Baslar
Airman

Post by Baslar »

Hi Guys,

I read what you say here but don't entirely agree that Accusim is that wonderful or even accurate. No way in a thousand years would the Battle of Britain have been fought with a Spitfire such as A2A gives you. The pilots didn't have time to worry about nursing engines, they were fighting for their lives and I am quite sure the A2A version is nothing more than designed to mess you about totally. I always fly it with "Damage off" because I'm sick and tired of engine fires and a smoking gun (I know you cannot fire the guns). I have flown it and landed it with "Damage on" by nursing it all the way and following settings but it then becomes a Tiger Moth, not a Spitfire, because any aerobatic manoeuvers always end with the engine in flames or you cannot see it for smoke. This applies to all of A2A's creations. They are wonderful graphically but that is about all. My Mustang is very reluctant to respond to rudder and I have a full set of rudder pedals. Brakes yes but the rudder seems very lacking in response. Before you reply to that this is not the case with other aircraft so there is nothing wrong with my pedals.

Sorry I don't have time for stupidity.

Cheers, Barrie

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Barrie,

I think you might have missed the point and also not sure where you are getting your ideas that the Spitfire was anything different to how it is modeled. All literature, manuals from Rolls Royce, Super marine and RAF official data and pilot accounts which we used to create the simulation.

Also remember the boys where fighting for there lives after learning to fly in aircraft, with quite a few hours in the classroom and in aircraft prior to getting anywhere near a spitfire. Its like driving a car, to a novice changing gears might be hard, but once you know how to drive you just do it without thinking. Same with aircraft if your taught from naught how to handle the aircraft you will do it as second nature just as anyone with a PPL will tell you, you watch those instruments and move those levers without thinking about it even in the most basic trainers even today.

Does the aircraft simulation handle differently to your assumptions?
sure,
Does that make it incorrect, well not according to history, real world facts and the numerous real world pilots with warbird experience who help us create and post regularly on these forums + in this very thread.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Barrie,

The early model Spits were prone to overheating—there's no disputing that. They didn't add the second radiator to the Mk.IX onwards just for fun. It's not really about "nursing" the engine though; rather it's a case of flying the aircraft at appropriate airspeeds and altitudes to keep cool air flowing through the radiator. Note that this doesn't mean 'flying it slowly' or like a Tiger Moth. If that's what you're doing, that's likely the cause of your problems.

Needless-to-say, the baby Spits were most at risk of overheating on the ground. I'll leave you with this from Squadron Leader Clive Rowley MBE RAF (Ret'd), former CO of the BBMF, his favourite quote from the movie Battle of Britain:

“The engine's overheating, and so am I! Either we stand down, or blow up! Now which do you want?”

Cheers,
Nick
A2A Simulations Inc.

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

Basler, I've read your post history, and it appears you are simply not happy with your perceptions of how the planes should fly, and how the early Spitfires, and other aircraft are simulated by A2A. I would ask that you throw your perceptions away, and start fresh. Most experienced pilots in the planes you mentioned have not been having issues, and once I myself learned how to fly the Spitfire, I almost never cause it to smoke. Keep in mind on the Spitfire, the engine will vent far before there is any damage (the venting is actually designed to keep damage from happening), but there are a lot of things that can get that temperature high. Flaps blocking the back end of the cooling, the gear disrupting the air, etc. I'm sorry you're having issues, but this is how they indeed were, and A2A has a mountain of evidence to confirm this.

As for your issues with the Mustang, I don't know how to help you. My Mustang provides necessary yaw control, but I'm not asking her to do extraneous things such as extreme crosswinds, etc. I try to fly her in conditions she was built for, which means on blustery cloudy days, she stays hangered. All I know is that the controls were confirmed by people like Dudley, who has plenty of stick time in these birds and spent many hours with the team assuring they matched his recollections, as well as those of other pilots, against video filmed by A2A in Mustang cockpits, and numerous reports. Again, I suspect this may come down to your individual perceptions.

In some of your posts I've noticed when questioned about issues, you've not taken the time to reply or answer the team's questions. Nobody here can help you if you are not interested in receiving help, but are more interested in your perceptions and opinion than people far more read than you on the subject.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ron Attwood
Chief Master Sergeant

Post by Ron Attwood »

I'm smiling as I read the tail end of this thread. :D A long time ago I bought the Spitfire+AccuSim. For the life of me I couldn't get it to a runway without setting fire to the engine. In frustration(much like yours I reckon) I asked for and got a refund. Eventually I bought it again, after the C172 and C182 made me reset my simming attitude. This time round I learned to fly the Spitfire the AccuSim way...Properly! I'm embarrassed about my previous record but I have seeeen the light! :D
The Mustang was another one that caused a lot of grief in this forum. "It pulls violently to the left, I end up in the grass" type complaints. When you've "got your maand right" (Cool Hand Luke) the Mustang will take off straight down the centre line!
"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled"

Styggron
Master Sergeant

Post by Styggron »

Ron Attwood wrote:I'm smiling as I read the tail end of this thread. :D A long time ago I bought the Spitfire+AccuSim. For the life of me I couldn't get it to a runway without setting fire to the engine. In frustration(much like yours I reckon) I asked for and got a refund. Eventually I bought it again, after the C172 and C182 made me reset my simming attitude. This time round I learned to fly the Spitfire the AccuSim way...Properly! I'm embarrassed about my previous record but I have seeeen the light! :D
The Mustang was another one that caused a lot of grief in this forum. "It pulls violently to the left, I end up in the grass" type complaints. When you've "got your maand right" (Cool Hand Luke) the Mustang will take off straight down the centre line!
I certainly heed those words myself. Flying it the Accu-Sim way. I had a stack of problems with the B377 when I first started. Fires, trouble starting etc. Now, it's not a problem.

I also have Accu-Feel which makes a big difference IMHO (especially to sea planes) and I shall be testing that without accu-sim installed, with the Spitfire though in my case as the Spitfire was spoken about several times in this thread previously. Not installed the Spitfire yet but I suspect that things will still overheat even without accu-sim installed because of the accuracy A2A put in their planes. Well, I'll soon find out.
Accufeel V2, C172 , B377+L049+COTS, B17G, Piper Cub,Commanche,Cherrokee,Spitfire,Bonanza, P47,P40,both Mustangs
Aircraft Factory Avro Anson, Albatros DIII,Heinkel He-219, F4U Corsair, P51H Mustang, Avro 504, BF109
Watch my incompetent flying Twitch

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”