Accu-Sim P-51 Mustang Familiarization Video

Arguably the finest fighter aircraft of World War II.
flyboy4612
Technical Sergeant

Re: Accu-Sim P-51 Mustang Familiarization Video

Post by flyboy4612 »

I can't wait!! This is going to be so amazing. Thanks to Scott and the whole team for all of your hard work and many hours spent on this. We love you for it.
All the best - flyboy4612
CFI

Roadburner426
Technical Sergeant

Post by Roadburner426 »

Geez Rob. No stone has been left unturned on this one. Didn't even consider the battery, but it all makes sense now. Thanks!
S. Jordan
AM; United States Navy
FSX/P3Dc4 Hours: 3100 and counting! All A2A birds in the hangar except the 172.

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

Great instructional video Scott. Thanks so much for this and all the hard work you and the team have accomplished. Anticipating the release and then the learning curve on OUR part. The detail is superb, and after all the years I have been around them and flying radio control and computer flight sim, am long last going to get the most immersive experience possible.

Heartfelt gratitude here...
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

636Castle
Senior Airman

Post by 636Castle »

You know what? I'm not even afraid to man-up and admit I'm going to cry if this doesn't come out tomorrow.

Why does anyone else even try? Honestly. Everyone just needs to step down, and let A2A takeover their projects.

Millsa1
Airman First Class

Post by Millsa1 »

did you guys hear the cool down noise at the end of the video!!! And the whistle!! So cant wait A2A
Image Image
Image Image

636Castle
Senior Airman

Post by 636Castle »

Of course DCS pilots are already complaining about the flight model, and saying it's scripted, and that the landing in the video wasn't very good.

Amazes me how they're able to test these things for themselves before it's even been released.

:mrgreen:

Fragmentum
Staff Sergeant

Post by Fragmentum »

636Castle wrote:Of course DCS pilots are already complaining about the flight model, and saying it's scripted, and that the landing in the video wasn't very good.

Amazes me how they're able to test these things for themselves before it's even been released.
This was ONE comment on their thread (yes, I've read them...) and a personal opinion by ONE poster. No, "they" were not able to test a product that is not even available yet (coming to your own conclusions here?). Scott said in the video that he was coming in kind of hot, so I would ask you to reconsider negative comments PRIOR to your paying for the product, flying the product and comparing the product head-to-head with competing planes. Don't pass on hearsay and suppositions. Make up your OWN mind and make ORIGINAL judgements.

Just saying...
i5-2600K SB, 8GB Mushkin Redline, ASUS P8Z68-V Pro, GTX 560 2GB, Saitek X52. Etch-A-Sketch hard wired to Speak-N-Spell backup system. Everything maxed and I see it ALL!

glsimpilot
Airman

Post by glsimpilot »

As a user of both, let me add that A2A and DCS both make a fantastic product, there is room for both in the limited flight sim community we are a part of, and we should probably encourage both in order for these companies to continue to provide guys like us products that help scratch an itch for the most part we'll never be able to attain in real life. I have been around the scene for a while and will not let fanboys from either camp sway my opinion of these two fine companies and their products.

That being said, A2A, great as usual, and I love watching all of your videos, even for aircraft I am unable to fly myself. I often share their links with friends, and who knows maybe sent some business your way too.

pilottj
Senior Master Sergeant

Post by pilottj »

636Castle wrote:Of course DCS pilots are already complaining about the flight model, and saying it's scripted, and that the landing in the video wasn't very good.

:mrgreen:

That seems funny they would call it scripted. We will buy the P-51, install it, and then we would each be flying it from different locations in different climates. A week later, if you took 10 random P-51s that were flown by us with various states of wear and tear, they would all handle slightly differently. That is not scripted.
"The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Ty53650
Airman First Class

Post by Ty53650 »

I own the DCS Mustang, and honestly, it hasn't satisfied me like the A2A birds do. It's not bad by any means, but the sounds are lacking IMO, and your limited on where you can fly... but most of all, no Accu-Sim :) The A2A Mustang is the one I've been waiting for forever, and I'm just happy we're close!

glsimpilot
Airman

Post by glsimpilot »

Ty53650 wrote:I own the DCS Mustang, and honestly, it hasn't satisfied me like the A2A birds do. It's not bad by any means, but the sounds are lacking IMO, and your limited on where you can fly... but most of all, no Accu-Sim :) The A2A Mustang is the one I've been waiting for forever, and I'm just happy we're close!
I agree with you on some respects, but let's not forget its still in Beta and still under development. Theirs is also geared more towards combat if you will, where I've always felt A2A excelled in the physics and look and feel.

Sometimes, you just want to blow stuff up.

Levkovvvv
Staff Sergeant

Post by Levkovvvv »

You got to be f***in' kidding me, a throttle twist grip with cable that actually moves the ranging thing on the gunsight??? This is beyond good, this is brilliant. When I remember the old days when I thought that WOPII planes looked good... You guys at A2A have officially spoiled us. My life at the moment is revolving between the P-40 and the NGX. Soon the ''stang will replace those.
Image Владимир Левков / Vladimir Levkov
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

Jigsaw
Master Sergeant

Post by Jigsaw »

This is awesome! Can't wait to get my fingers on it!
Happy Landings
- Patrick

636Castle
Senior Airman

Post by 636Castle »

Fragmentum wrote: This was ONE comment on their thread (yes, I've read them...) and a personal opinion by ONE poster.
Two comments, by two forum members respectively. I guess from my neck of the woods, that calls for using plural terms. They are DCS pilots.
Fragmentum wrote:No, "they" were not able to test a product that is not even available yet (coming to your own conclusions here?).
Are you serious right now? Obviously I was speaking sarcastically...emphasis on how they shouldn't be making comments on the flight model, if it's not available yet. You just restated the same thing I did, only without the sarcasm.
Fragmentum wrote:Scott said in the video that he was coming in kind of hot, so I would ask you to reconsider negative comments PRIOR to your paying for the product, flying the product and comparing the product head-to-head with competing planes.
Where are my negative comments? I said it was DCS pilots complaining about his landing, not me. I would ask you to read everything again, PRIOR to criticizing someone for something they never said in the first place. :lol:
Fragmentum wrote:Make up your OWN mind and make ORIGINAL judgements.

Just saying...
Okay. Here's my judgement. A quote from myself, on Youtube in the comments section of the A2A Simulations P-51 Mustang Familiarization video:

"...Addon of the century right here. Can't wait."

So Fragmentum, I'd love for you to start finding some posts where I speak negatively regarding A2A's product. I'd be more than happy to clear anything up for you that you're able to find. Just make sure you're reading my comments...with a little more care.

Just saying.

Li'lJugs
Senior Airman

Post by Li'lJugs »

Seems A2A just keeps raising the bar with each successive release! Gonna have fun with this one, be sure! :)

new reply

Return to “P-51 Mustang (Military & Civilian)”