Fixing FSX Structural Icing With AccuFeel

Discussions about current features in development
new reply
Buzz313th
Technical Sergeant

Fixing FSX Structural Icing With AccuFeel

Post by Buzz313th »

Just had a stupid idea that I figured I might share with ya all...

Personally I don't own AccuFeel yet... And the reason for that is because I only sim addons that are complete such as the Accusim addons or other advanced third party addons that "should" have all the bells and whistles that the real aircraft has. My feeling is that AccuFeel exists to add depth and gravy to incompletre addons or default aircraft.. Anyway... Moving on.

Everyone that has any real world aviation experience knows that known icing conditions are most often avoided if able. This is still true for aircraft that have icing equip. Bottom line, moderate to severe icing conditions in the real world are avoided like the plague, but in FSX, the default structural icing simulation is weak. So weak, that you can fly the default cessna in severe icing continuously, for well over 15 - 30 minutes without any ill effects to the flight dynamics.. In the real world, the poor cessna would build up enough structural ice in 1-3 minutes, that it would fall outa the sky due to airfoil geometry change and added weight (CG change).

Heres my question and my dumb idea...

Could or would a future accufeel feature be able to simulate a realistic structural icing model on 3rd party aircraft?
Buzz313th
FASA Founder and dedicated Staff Member
TeamSpeak 3 @ "ts3.digitalthemepark.com"
Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/FsxAirSportsAssociation
Website @ http://www.fsxairsports.com

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: Fixing FSX Structural Icing With AccuFeel

Post by Scott - A2A »

This would be much more straight forward to do on our accusim birds. We could do this with accufeel, but it would be more of a back-door approach so this isn't something we would wish to pursue until at least, down the road.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Development & Feedback”