No Sounds with v1.8 update

Discussions about current features in development
new reply
bobbyjoh
Airman

No Sounds with v1.8 update

Post by bobbyjoh »

Lewis and Scott

I downloaded v.1.8 again and still do not have any brake squeals on my LDS 767. I had them before the update. Should I do an uninstall? Everything on the menu looks OK, but no sounds, are those built into the dll? I just did a high speed taxi at EGLL and I have no brake sounds with a hard brake stop. My original Accu-Feel had a nice brake sound when I was taxing.

Help

Bob

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: No Sounds with v1.8 update

Post by Scott - A2A »

Bob,

So you have wind and creak sounds, but just no brake sounds?

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

Hi, I am not getting any of the sounds like I use to prior to the patch. I have NO brake sounds while taxing or landing. The wind and engine sounds seem to be OK, but they also come with the LDS 767.

Bob

bigjuicyspider
Master Sergeant

Post by bigjuicyspider »

I happened to have the LD 767 in flight when I read this post, so after I landed, I temporarily cranked up the Brake squeel to test (normally off in my setup). I got the brake squeal. So whatever the problem you're experiencing, it probably isn't specific to, or something unique to, the LD airplane. You've tried it on other aircraft, and it works?
1)i7 980x 4.35 ghz, gtx 470s SLI, Matrox th2go, Creative x-fi
2)i7 2600k, Gigabyte z68x, gtx 285s sli

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

Hi Scott,

I know you guys are very busy with some great updates. However I posted some observations on my installation of the v1.8 update and have not received any feedback from the team. :roll:

Today I flew my LDS 767 from KDTW to MMMX, While taxing in DTW, I could hear the thumping as I was taxing, however unlike the initial release when I put on the brakes there was no brake sound. When I started my takeoff roll the thumping increased so I know that Accu-feel is working. After I was airborne the wind and engine sounds were as they should be.

My arrival at Mexico City had nice drag sounds as I lowered the flaps and then the gear. however when I touched down there was NO tire screech or brake sounds, what is wrong? :?

Just as a question when I load v1.8 should I not get a module registration in FSX as I do with FSUIPC :?: I have check all my configuration settings and they seem OK, v1.8 calls up the 767-300 configuration. So I don't know what else to do.

Love the program, but confused on why it worked so well on the initial version and the beta v1.8 is not showing the improvements that the team said was there.

Help

Bob Johnson
DTW

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Bob,

If this is only the LDS 767 then it sounds like there is something out of the ordinary they are doing with their wheel rotation speeds or something along those lines.

What is odd, however, is the brake squeal is tied to the standard brake position while the tire screech is tied to wheel rotation speeds. It's almost as if they aren't using either of these variables.

If you could, send them an email saying that there is an issue with accufeel that is only happening with their airplane. We would be happy to help out in any way we can.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

Thanks Scott,

What is the puzzle all the sounds worked perfect in the initial release of Accu-feel, this sound stopped after the update. Since nothing changed on the LDS 767 leads me to think something in the update is not working.

Bob

bobbyjoh
Airman

Post by bobbyjoh »

Scott, there is some problem for me with the release of the update v1.8. I have now tested this issue on numerous flights with the LDS 767 all sounds work with the initial release version of Accu-Feel on my 767. There are no sounds with the update.

What is happening with the latest proposed update 1.9 have not heard anything.

Thanks

Bob

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Post by Scott - A2A »

Bob,

V.1.09 will not likely have an effect with the LDS 767. What's most odd is there are no sound engine changes in accufeel, but there seems to be something unique with the LDS 767 that is causing some kind of conflict on your system.

Like I said on PM, if you are able to reach LDS customer support, we are happy to speak with them about what may be going on.

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Development & Feedback”