The A2A Simulations Community

"Come share your passion for flight"
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Non-default Sound Card
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:51 am 
Airman Basic

Hi all -
I'm loving AccuFeel -- great enhancement and value!

I have two sound cards and use one for ambient sounds and one for my headset. The ambient sounds include engines, doors, stuff you would hear with your headphones off or on. Headphones are mostly for communications.

I have a Buttkicker Gamer on the ambient sounds card so engine noise, gear down, etc. cause seat vibrations.

If I make the "ambient sounds" sound card the default, programs like Radar Contact 4 ATC come out of my speakers and not my headphone.

If I make the headphone card default, Accufeel sounds go to the headphone but I want them in the speakers and Buttkicker.

So... if every add-on let me select the sound card, I'd be happy. Thus -- my request -- please add the ability to specify the sound device for output in a later release.

Thanks for a great add-on,
Rowland

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:27 am 
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

This is more a windows thing and was implemented in Windows 7, you can select different volume levels and sound devices for different applications.

My Twitch for my own twitch live streaming

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:29 am 
Airman Basic

Hi Lewis,

Thanks for your reply. I see a way in Windows 7 to make a sound card the "default" for "sound" and another the "default" for "communications." I don't see any way (and I tried Google searching the topic) to set a specific sound card to a specific application, unless the application itself offers the choice, as many do. That's what I'd like Accu-feel to do - let me pick the sound card from a list, like the sound settings in FSX allow.

The "default" doesn't work for me because I have Radar Contact and now Accu-feel that only talk to the default sound card - but I would like Accu-feel on my speakers and Radar Contact on my USB headset.

Thanks,
Rowland

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:31 am 
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Accu-feel uses windows default sound device, so try moving radar contact to the none default sound device?

thanks,
Lewis

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:05 am 
Airman Basic

Hi Lewis,

That's the problem, both Accu-Feel and Radar Contact have no ability to select the sound device from within the program. They both only use the default sound device, so they both have to be on the same device. I want them on two separate devices. Neither one lets me choose.

Is it that hard to add a sound device selection option? I think when most people only had one sound device it made sense, but these days it is common to have two or even more.

Thanks,
Rowland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:51 pm 
Airman Basic

Just wanted to add to this request; multiple sound card selection is exactly what I was hoping for out of Acccu-feel and I was searching to see if it did this or not before buying.

I have a six channel transducer Simvibe setup for auto racing simulation (four wheels, seat, shifter/flightstick table). http://simxperience.com/en-us/products/ ... tware.aspx It would be amazing to have a similar directional vibration setup in a flight sim as well.

Even if it didnt do directional if it could select a different sound card (I use two for this, separate from my primary sound card which goes to the headphones) I could still use at least some of my existing transducer setup with the program.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:48 pm 
Airman Basic

Has anyone been able to solve for this? Would the same problem exist with the Oculus (in lieu of separate headphones) and a transducer setup? A2A accu products are the perfect software fit for immersion if we can work around some system limitations.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:45 am 
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

no issue, just set it to be your default and away you go.

thanks,
Lewis