Accu-Feel 64 bit version causing P3Dv4 crashes

Post any technical issues running the product here
Deltaair12
Airman

Accu-Feel 64 bit version causing P3Dv4 crashes

Post by Deltaair12 »

Hello A2A team. I recently purchased your 64 bit compatible Accu-Feel product for my P3Dv4.3 sim. And btw I will start out by saying it is such an excellent product! But lately I have been having some CTD issues whenever I have Accu-Feel inabled. I was experiencing frequent CTD’s after the load screen was finished downloading the scenario. The screen would just stay black and then 3-5 seconds later my sim would crash. I disabled all of my add-ons and reintroduced each one to pinpoint the cause of the crashes. Whenever I enabled Accu-feel, 90% of the time I would get a CTD. Whenever it was disabled I wouldn’t have any crashes. So unfortunately I have pointed my finger at one of my favorite add-ons. In Appcrashview, it has logged numerous P3D crashes and it says api.dll. It doesn’t log the crashes all the time but that is what the last two were. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I would love to take to the skies with my accu-feel working asap. I can’t function without it lol. If your team needs any crash logs I would be more than happy to send those over. Thank you for the hard work guys.
Last edited by Deltaair12 on 30 Sep 2018, 21:12, edited 2 times in total.

Deltaair12
Airman

Re: Accu-Feel 64 bit version causing P3Dv4 crashes

Post by Deltaair12 »

UPDATE: I have also tried to follow the Accu-Feel v2 troubleshooting guide but still no luck. Now P3Dv4.3 crashes after the load screen every time Accu-Feel is enabled. I have no accu-feel .dll’s in my .dll notepad list, and I have no modules folder in the roof directory to P3D. Simconnect and DirectX seem to be working fine, and P3D has Accu-feel listed in the addons list.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please uninstall Accu-feel and then restart your system and try a new install. After installation please restart your system and also let us know if your Direct X9 installs correctly. Please also run the installer as Admin and also P3D as Admin.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Hello, I have done all of those numerous times with no luck. In fact, I’ve even reset my OS, and started fresh. Every program is running as admin, and I made sure to run the A2A installer as admin as well. When the installer is done it says everything was installed correctly, but if I go to my dll.exe there is no A2A content in there and I know there should be.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

can you please get a crash and then view your event viewer to find out which file is crashing?

Also have you tried making super exceptions are made in any anti-malware you are using?

There can be more than one dll.xml depending on how your sim is setup.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

The file crashing is api.dll. It says access violation. And I have my firewall off as well....

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

...I was honestly afraid this issue is deeper than I thought. Now I’m worried :(

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Deltaair12,

Just to add to Lewis's comments, here are a few other things you can try in an attempt to fix whatever issue is causing these crashes:

1. Make sure all hardware drivers are up to date. For example, video card drivers.
2. Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file (C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.cfg) allowing the sim to generate a new one.
3. Try repairing your Prepar3D installation via the entry available in the Windows settings → "Apps & features" screen.

Thanks,
Nick

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Nick - A2A wrote:Hello Deltaair12,

Just to add to Lewis's comments, here are a few other things you can try in an attempt to fix whatever issue is causing these crashes:

1. Make sure all hardware drivers are up to date. For example, video card drivers.
2. Delete the Prepar3D.cfg file (C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.cfg) allowing the sim to generate a new one.
3. Try repairing your Prepar3D installation via the entry available in the Windows settings → "Apps & features" screen.

Thanks,
Nick
Hello. I will do so whenever I get home from work and post my results. Thanks.

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Well unfortunately I did everything you said on the list and I still get a CTD even after repairing P3D, and deleting the generated files....

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Actually hold on, I had a CTD an hour ago but since then I’ve done maybe 10 loads without a CTD. The issue might have resolved itself but I’ll post if it does it frequently again.

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Ok, never mind it’s doing it again. It seems as though my system does not like something in the accu-feel download but idk what that might be...

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

How did you update P3D?

Are you using FSUIPC or any add-ons like this?

From a quick google on the api crash most seem to be scenery related.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

No FSUIPC, and I know that’s why this is so confusing. All we know now is that I have crashes when accu-feel is enabled and no crashes when it is disabled...

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

And so far I have done at least 10 clean installs and one repair. Plus one generated files deletion. Everything is running in admin mode, and my firewall is disabled as well.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”