Acu-Feel not working for all PC Users

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
TonyW
Airman First Class

Acu-Feel not working for all PC Users

Post by TonyW »

Hi,

I have several profiles on my PC, one of them being a profile called "Flight Sim" which is set up for better performance, and I use this profile for most of my flights. I use my main profile for everything else, including installing software and any FSX add-ons. I recently installed Acu-Feel and it shows up under the Add-ons menu in FSX on my main profile, but when I use the Flight Sim profile it is not there. The "Flight Sim" profile has full administrator rights. My PC is running Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit.

Should I install Acu-Feel again while logged on to the "Flight Sim" profile? If so do I need to uninstall the first install? Or is there another way around this?

Regards,

Tony

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Re: Acu-Feel not working for all PC Users

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Tony,

Yes, if you have a specific Windows user account set up for Flight Sim use, you'd be best advised to use this account when installing any FSX Add-ons.

Different add-ons will install in different ways: some per-machine and some per-user. I wasn't involved in making the current FSX Accu-Feel installer, but it sounds like it uses the latter option. This may be because the account you installed to doesn't have administrator privileges.

So to summarise: uninstall, make sure your Flight Sim account is an administrator account, and then reinstall Accu-Feel when logged into this account.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”