Not getting the runway bumps in P3d v4?

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
SAQQARA
Airman Basic

Not getting the runway bumps in P3d v4?

Post by SAQQARA »

Great to have accufeel available in P3D v4. I've used default settings and experimented with cabin integrity and shock absorption, but I just cant seem to get the wonderful taxiway and runway bumps I enjoyed beofre in FSX SE. I use a 'butkicker' so like to feel the bumps as I taxi and takeoff. Is there a settings combo that makes this possible. Aircraft tested: PMDG 744, Aerosoft A319, Just Flight VC!0, 1-11.

PC Intel 6850K, Nvidia GTX1080, Windows 10, P3d V4, FSUIPC5, AS, Rex SkyForce, EFB, RCV4, ChasePlane.

Many thanks,

Don

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Not getting the runway bumps in P3d v4?

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello Don,

can you please try testing with default aircraft on different surfaces first to check its working with defaults.

Third Party aircraft can work to varying degrees dependant on the aircraft, some work with all the Accu-feel effects others work with a few as they already include certain elements etc.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

TBryson2
Staff Sergeant

Post by TBryson2 »

Thought I would chime in here.

I fly A2A aircraft (P3D v4) and have a ButtKicker. Adds just a touch more "reality" in my opinion. I don't always use it, but for a special treat, I fire it up.

RecentlyI had an occurrence where while inside the cockpit I had NO ButtKicker action from engine, environment..., but did get some activity from events outside of the aircraft. I only noticed this because I landed at an airport and an aircraft was taxiing next to me and I was picking up ButtKicker activity from HIS aircraft! Any outside influence and the ButtKicker was working fine. Go to an outside view and it worked fine. But inside the cockpit, activities from my own aircraft I got nothing!

For some reason, this went away and now my ButtKicker is working great! There is no rhyme or reason to it, it just happened. It is possible that it was my sound drivers or configuration for some reason, but I simply do not know.

In any case, I do get runway / taxiway bumps, engine vibrations, gear up, etc. and it works for me. Not sure why you're not getting them. Do the obvious, (sound drivers, make sure your "bass" is set properly for the sound card, etc.) Test the ButtKicker with music and other sounds and experiment with your sound card control panel, if you have one. Sometimes the settings make all of the difference. I don't use "theater", or other environment enhancements. Perhaps if you do, that's what is denying you the experience. I keep a simple setup for my sound configurations but perhaps tweak the bass up a tad.

Good luck!

TB2
TB2
Ocala Flight Sim Club
United States Marine Corps

SAQQARA
Airman Basic

Post by SAQQARA »

Thanks both. I have some time this weekend to test and will report back - bumps or no bumps!

Don

SAQQARA
Airman Basic

Post by SAQQARA »

Great advice guys. It was my audio settings. I have HK soundsticks with butkicker in parallel. I went into Realtek HD Audio Manager, selected 5.1 speaker then front L and R + subwoofer. After that, everything worked. Great to be bumping along again and thanks for such a fast response!

Don

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Good to hear Don, happy flying the virtual skies

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

efpg0708
Airman Basic

Post by efpg0708 »

Hi guys great tool !

Just one question ... I love the runway bumps and shakes, but I do have a custom touchdown sound that I use. Where does Accu Feel install it's sound files ?

Thanks

Eduardo

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hi Eduardo,

The sound effects in AccuFeel are encoded within a single "Sounds.pk" files, so you can't substitute your own custom sound effects I'm afraid.

Thanks,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”