Accusim Hypoxia Altitudes

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
tobyrice01
Airman Basic

Accusim Hypoxia Altitudes

Post by tobyrice01 »

Quote:
FAA regulations require that supplemental oxygen must be used by the flight crew after 30 minutes above 12,500ft, continuously above 14,000ft, and offered to passengers above 15,000ft. It would be reasonable to suppose based on this that Accusim is calibrated such that you risk hypoxia above 12.5k.
Am I correct to assume that cruising at 12,500' is ok, above it for 30 minutes or more is deadly?

Thanks for you help :)

Peace!

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Re: Accusim Hypoxia Altitudes

Post by CodyValkyrie »

I'd say that's an acceptable understanding. My quick and fast rule is to rule out ever having to fly above 10,000 ASL unless I'm equipped with oxygen in any AccuSim aircraft.

Generally you'll be given some subtle feedback in the hypoxia simulation. This will help if you pushed things too far.
ImageImage
ImageImage

tobyrice01
Airman Basic

Post by tobyrice01 »

CodyValkyrie wrote:I'd say that's an acceptable understanding. My quick and fast rule is to rule out ever having to fly above 10,000 ASL unless I'm equipped with oxygen in any AccuSim aircraft.

Generally you'll be given some subtle feedback in the hypoxia simulation. This will help if you pushed things too far.
I thought as much. Would be nice to know what the exact altitude and time formula is used to determine execution of the various hypoxia effects.

Thanks for your insight!

CodyValkyrie
VIP Partner

Post by CodyValkyrie »

That'd ruin the mystery of it! Hypoxia in the real world has a lot of determining factors, which is why A2A generally has been reluctant to specify exactly how it works.
ImageImage
ImageImage

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”