Updating Accu-Feel purchased through Steam for FSX-SE

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
adambernstein1492
Airman Basic

Updating Accu-Feel purchased through Steam for FSX-SE

Post by adambernstein1492 »

Hello All,

I apologize if this issue has already been addressed...

I have been having the already discussed excessive turbulence issues in the RealAir Lancair Legacy. However, I cannot install the update for Accu-Feel.
I purchased Accu-Feel as part of an FSX-SE bundle on Steam, cannot seem to update it using the update software.

I get the following error:
This installer requires a version of Accu-Feel v.2: Air, Land and Sea. You need to have a version installed for this upgrade to work.

I appreciate any help and advice.

-Adam

AviationAtWar
Technical Sergeant

Re: Updating Accu-Feel purchased through Steam for FSX-SE

Post by AviationAtWar »

I don't have Accufeel but if the updater is like the Accusim updates you need to make sure you point it to the correct install path of your sim, which is most likely Program Files x86> Steam> steamapps> Common> FSX. If the updater isn't seeing you have it installed then it may be looking for a default FSX location.

adambernstein1492
Airman Basic

Post by adambernstein1492 »

AviationAtWar wrote:I don't have Accufeel but if the updater is like the Accusim updates you need to make sure you point it to the correct install path of your sim, which is most likely Program Files x86> Steam> steamapps> Common> FSX. If the updater isn't seeing you have it installed then it may be looking for a default FSX location.
Thank you for the reply! I finally found where steam puts its add-ons (Program Files x86 > Steam > steamapps > common > fsx > DLC >), but I don't see an option of telling the updater where to look. The executable only asks where you would like to install the update, and even if I point that to the DLC folder, it fails to find it.

Welsch
Staff Sergeant

Post by Welsch »

As far as I know, Steam is exclusively in charge of updating items (including Add-ons and DLC) purchased from Steam. So you should be all updated already, no need (and no use) to try the stand-alone updater.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

the update is only for the none steam version.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”