Accu-feel has mind of its own!

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
Deltaair12
Airman

Accu-feel has mind of its own!

Post by Deltaair12 »

Hi there. I have had your accu-feel product for some time now to really put a broader perspective on flying in my sim. I currently use it mostly on my Carenado S550. It works well... when it does work. My accu-feel product seems to have a mind of its own; even after uninstalling and reinstalling the product several times. Whenever it does decide to work it is literally heaven. The shaking of the cockpit, the rattling of bolts, the brakes screech, and the most important thing to me is, the wind howls around the flaps making it feel as though you're actually punching a huge hole in the virtual sky. But this is only 60% of the time. The other 40%, the product doesn't want to do any of those things. I can usually tell if my accu-feel product is about to act up because usually whenever the outside winds are below 2 knots, I won't get any sound even after taking off. If I mash on the brakes no squeals ring out (even if I had the slider all the way) and so on. In fact just today something rather odd happened to me. I shut the cabin door and I got that whisp of wind as the door shut (so I knew the product was working). Then I taxied to the runway and I got rattles and what not and after takeoff and in cruise the wind was rushing past the cockpit. Well after a two hour long journey I descend into thicker atmosphere and for some reason I never thought that the accufeel product would stop working mid flight but I noticed that it was "quieter" than normal but I thought I had just gotten used to the sound over time. So as I'm coming down I throw down some flaps... and no sound. Hmmmmm. So as I got closer I dropped the gears and still no buffering of wind. So I was like oh gosh I think it just quit on me. But the final test was to see if the tires would screech whenever I touched down. But sure enough I got nothing but the default "thud". I'll be honest I'm a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong the product is fantastic and I don't know what the hell I was doing before I bought it... I just wish it were more stable. I worry each time I load a flight that it might not work. But whenever it isn't I go to the accu-feel settings manager and both green lights are on. Each time I just reinstall the product as a whole and it'll be fine for like a week but the issues always resurface. I have come to my wits end and I need help! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accu-feel has mind of its own!

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

when you say sounds do you mean Accu-feel sounds or all sounds?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Just accu-feel sounds. Even if both green lights are on meaning the product is suppose to be working, I sometimes do not get any accurate-feel sounds. USUALLY, if winds are below 2 knots on the ground before takeoff accu-feel will not work in any phase of the taxi, or flight. No wind sounds or brake squeels, or tire screeches. As of now if someone asked me if accu-feel was worth it I would have to say no just because it's not that reliable of a product for me. But this is why I am contacting you guys because hopefully there is a solution because the product does have major potential!

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

What sim and version? I've encountered similar on SE where it was related to a hibernating USB sound card.
As for `potential`, you do know this product has been around for years? :mrgreen:

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

I use FSX:SE. And by potential I mean to be potentially bug free lol. Anyways, how did you solve the USB issue?

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Also I am reluctant to think that is the issue though because usually if the sound card is acting up no sounds would come out of the speakers at all. Or accu-feel sounds wouldn't play at all. The problem is that MOST of the time accufeel works but once out of every 10 or so tries it doesn't. That's the issue, it's not that it just isn't working at all

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

We've never had any issue such as this reported before so its something is happening on your system unique to it.

Are you using a third party or default aircraft?

flying over complex scenery?

Is your Accu-feel updated?

thanks,
Lewis

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

Yes I a man using carenado's S550 and I usually fly into third party payware airports. I also have a very complex rig to handle such tasks: i7-6700K, GTX960, Corsair vengeance 32 gigs of RAM, Asus z170-A motherboard, etc.I can handle just about anything that I throw at my sim. But anyways yes I do use third party products with your product.

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

And I hope it is updated as I've reinstalled it about ten times lol. But if it's only specific to my sim for some reason I have a question that would probably let you know what is the issue. Whenever the winds are calm or no winds at all and you open the cabin door, is there still suppose to be a whisp of air as the door swings open? Because if it's still suppose to be a sound as the door opens even though there is no outside wind blowing then that might be a fault right there. But if accufeel is suppose to do that then never mind

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Try a default aircraft just in case its aircraft specific

thanks,
Lewis

Deltaair12
Airman

Post by Deltaair12 »

I did. My accufeel still does the same thing sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't depending on the surface winds. I actually just re downloaded the product the other day again. I'm doing this at least once a month if not twice and I'm down to one download left. I don't know what the issue is

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Have you run the update for Accu-feel?

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewto ... 87&t=34173

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”