Crazy issues on all A2A aircraft

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
rockliffe
Airman

Crazy issues on all A2A aircraft

Post by rockliffe »

Unsure exactly where to post this as the issue is affecting all three of my A2A aircraft ie, the Comanche, the Cherokee and the182 Skylane. I need to emphasise, that this issue I am encountering is only on the A2A aircraft, and no others.

The best way to describe things is that things keep stopping working. First it may be a freeze, then it will be losing sound, then losing simconnect. The worst is when the Comanche literally breaks. It starts with a hissing sound, like some kind of hydraulic fault, the sound files that are playing are wrong, then when you try to take off, it takes off at a rediculous speed and then blows up the engine. It is then followed by a reinstall, when things appear to be OK, only for the same scenario to repeat itself at some time in the future.

In addition to this, it proves impossible when I do have a flight, to close to the main FSX menu and either change the aircraft or the airport, as the whole sim just crashes. It doesn't happen with any other aircraft. I am often faced with an error message saying unable to call a nil value, or something very similar. I did have Accufeel installed, but I uninstalled it to see if it would be any better, but the issue still remains.

I'm at a loss with this and really would appreciate some help. Thanks fells. BTW FSX-SE

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Re: Crazy issues on all A2A aircraft

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

Did you try to reinstall SimConnect and DirectX9 as a start? I think in some thread here it was mentioned that this "nil value" is caused by not enough permissions by the FSX to write files. This brings me to my next question, do you start the FSX as Administrator?

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

rockliffe
Airman

Post by rockliffe »

LZ-WIL wrote:Hi,

Did you try to reinstall SimConnect and DirectX9 as a start? I think in some thread here it was mentioned that this "nil value" is caused by not enough permissions by the FSX to write files. This brings me to my next question, do you start the FSX as Administrator?

Cheerz,
Will
Hi Will, thanks for the reply. I have decided to do a full reinstall of Win7 and FSX, as I have been since having other issues that cannot be mended. Lot's of missing Windows files too. Don't know what's gone on, but thanks all the same, appreciated.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

You are welcome. Let us know, how it goes after the reinstallation. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Bonanza, Skylane, Skyhawk, Cherokee, Cub, Texan, Mustang, Warhawk, Spitfire, Flying Fortress

72westy
Airman

Post by 72westy »

Be sure that after you reinstall Windows 7 that you download the Direct X 9 libraries. Windows 7 does not include them.
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3/G-Skill Trident X 32GB RAM CL7-8-8-24/RTX 2070 OC/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/(x3)1TBMushkinSSDs/Corsait RM-750/X56 HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardCombo/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

rockliffe
Airman

Post by rockliffe »

You are welcome. Let us know, how it goes after the reinstallation. :wink:

Cheerz,
Will
Hi Will, it seems that even after a full reinstall of Windows and FSX-SE that the issue remains! Very odd and very disconcerting. Yesterday I flew with the Cherokee, stopped the flight, went back to the FSX interface to choose the C182, then returned to the airport only to find silliness, as described in my initial post. Have you any ideas whatsoever could be behind this. BTW, I have not installed Accufeel, as initially I thought this may have been the culprit, but it seems not.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi,

You have installed the latest update, right? In case of answer: "No", here it is

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279

Make sure that you do NOT have any complex aircraft like Comanche, Cherokee or the Skylane set as your default flight. It should be the default FSX Trike.
From my experience, I usually restart the whole sim, when changing flights in complex aircraft. I have experienced CTD for example in the past, after a 45 min. flight in A2A Cessna 172, then switching to P-51 for another hour of flight - FSX kicked me out to windows on landing. ;)

Cheerz,
Will

rockliffe
Airman

Post by rockliffe »

You have installed the latest update, right? In case of answer: "No", here it is

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 23&t=41279

Make sure that you do NOT have any complex aircraft like Comanche, Cherokee or the Skylane set as your default flight. It should be the default FSX Trike.
From my experience, I usually restart the whole sim, when changing flights in complex aircraft. I have experienced CTD for example in the past, after a 45 min. flight in A2A Cessna 172, then switching to P-51 for another hour of flight - FSX kicked me out to windows on landing. ;)

Cheerz,
Will
Hi Will, sure, got the latest updates for all three planes. It's not a deal breaker. Just annoying. Unless you have any other ideas, I will just have to restart the sim on those few times I want to change aircraft.

LZ-WIL
Master Sergeant

Post by LZ-WIL »

Hi Will, sure, got the latest updates for all three planes. It's not a deal breaker. Just annoying. Unless you have any other ideas, I will just have to restart the sim on those few times I want to change aircraft.
Hi,

It is not a deal breaker, but it is annoying. Try starting the FSX as an Administrator every time you run it, along with any other 3rd party software that you run outside FSX.

Cheerz,
Will

mallcott
Staff Sergeant

Post by mallcott »

LZ-WIL wrote:
Hi,

It is not a deal breaker, but it is annoying. Try starting the FSX as an Administrator every time you run it, along with any other 3rd party software that you run outside FSX.

Cheerz,
Will
It's a 5 second fix to have FSX start ALWAYS with administrator rights - right click on FSX .exe click `properties, click on compatibility, check box `run this program as administrator` save and close.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

what did you reinstall, windows or just FSX?

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

AerialShorts
Staff Sergeant

Post by AerialShorts »

I'm having somewhat similar but still a little different issues across the board on A2A airplanes as well. Thing is a number of the symptoms are the same but not all from airplane to airplane and some seem to work perfectly or near perfect. I also don't have any of these issues on non-A2A airplanes. This seems confined to just A2A at least for me and is a fairly recent development. I wonder if it might be related to a Windows 10 update?

I've got Accu-Sim installed on all airplanes where I can.

Planes like the 182, Cherokee, military Mustang, and AT-6 all have their controls frozen. Thing is, even though the animations for the yokes/stick don't work, the 182, Cherokee, and civilian Mustang will still fly. The P-47, B-17, and Aircraft Factory planes like the 51H, Corsair, and Avro work perfectly though the P-47 mixture quit working. The P-40 works fine across the board. I can't get the military Mustang or Texan to even taxi to see if they respond to control inputs and their control animations are frozen.

In the 182 for certain and a few of the others that appear to have frozen controls, the brake animations still work. On the ones that still fly, most or all respond to the throttle and animate the throttle and mixture on most.

It's really odd. I am running FSUIPC and tried bringing it up to the latest version and also clearing all the assignments I had built but that has had no effect. I also have JoinFS installed but uninstalled that and no effect. While I run in VR, I have also tried firing up in normal mode and it's all the same. There have also been no changes in the FlyInside version I am running from when these planes all worked and now when they don't. The changes I have made to the system have only been to stay up with JoinFS as Peter came out with new versions (and even uninstalled I still have the same issues). I hadn't installed any new planes from when the Texan worked to when it didn't. I don't recall making any changes from when the Texan was working to when it wasn't.

But again, all of my other airplanes work properly and it seems even the A2A non-Accu-Sim planes work OK. It's only most of the Accu-Sim planes that are not working now.

Scratching my head on this one and it's frustrating to not be able to fly the Accu-Sim planes as those are some of my favorites.

I've seen the threads talking about Simconnect and went through and reinstalled the three versions with no change. Win 10, FSX:SE, Orbx scenery packs but no changes there. Most A2A Accu-Sim planes just seemed to stop working properly and I can't really associate a change with this.

Any thoughts? If this should go in a different thread, please let me know and I'll resubmit...
VR Simming with HP G2 - And Loving It!

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Can you post it in a new thread and we can get troubleshooting. If you can post it in one of the aircraft tech support forums that is affected that'd be great. My thoughts are a control issue, that you are maybe using FSUIPC ot bypass FSX altogether, this would for example cause some of the issues you are seeing.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”