Accufeel not in FSX Menu

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
rockliffe
Airman

Accufeel not in FSX Menu

Post by rockliffe »

This is an odd one. I have just done a complete reinstall of Windows 7 64bit, and am running FSX-SE on a separate SSD drive to the OS. I don't have P3d or any other sim on the drive, only FSX-SE. I have AV and firewall disabled and have dull admin rights. I have tried twice installing Accufeel once into the FSX directory and secondly into it''s own directory on the FSX drive but separate to the OS drive. For some reason it is not showing in the addons FSX menu. The other thing that happens, is that when FSX starts, I get the security warning message asking for me to accept the install. Help would be appreciated.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Accufeel not in FSX Menu

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

I would check the FAQ here;

Troubleshooting FAQ

Here is the start of a Troubleshooting FAQ for new users. If anyone has anything to add, please just post and we will add it.

REQUIREMENTS
Your Microsoft Flight Simulator X must either up to Microsoft FSX Service Pack 2 or the Microsoft Acceleration expansion pack installed.
If you do not have either, then first install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... aae2f0409e
Then the Service Pack 2:
http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Page ... Pack2.aspx
(The Windows user must have ADMIN rights before installing the product)

In Game Settings / Customize
Realism:
Aircraft Stress Causes Damage - UNCHECKED

Microsoft Security Essentials Users
If you have Microsoft Security Essentials, be sure to make the exception as follows:

TROUBLESHOOTING
I get a "Bad Argument #2" error every few minutes
This is a known issue that happens if you move your CLEAR AIR TURBULENCE slider to the extreme right. To fix this make sure you download the latest update (v2.091) here;
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=34173

The FSX Add-On / Accu-Feel Setup pull down menu is missing.
1. Using a text editor like Notepad, open your C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml file and verify these entries exist:
(If you cannot find the dll.xml, In WINDOWS, open your CONTROL PANEL / Appearance and Personalization / Folder Options / View / then click on "Show hidden files, folders, and drives)

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

2. Open your [FSX Install] / Modules folder and verify that these two dlls are there:
- AccuFeelMenu.dll
- A2A_Feel.dll

NOTE:
When you first ran FSX after installing Accu-Feel, you should have been prompted to load the new DLL. If you didn't receive this prompt, then Accu-Feel is not loading.

http://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtop ... 89&t=33313

It sounds like you may need to manually add the lines in or correct any errors. The syntax for the dll.xml in the sim is unfortunately somewhat known to become messed up and is very sensitive to syntax errors.

thanks,
Lewis
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

rockliffe
Airman

Post by rockliffe »

Lewis - A2A wrote:Hello,

Troubleshooting FAQ

Here is the start of a Troubleshooting FAQ for new users. If anyone has anything to add, please just post and we will add it.

REQUIREMENTS
Your Microsoft Flight Simulator X must either up to Microsoft FSX Service Pack 2 or the Microsoft Acceleration expansion pack installed.
If you do not have either, then first install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1:
Then the Service Pack 2:

Realism:

If you have Microsoft Security Essentials, be sure to make the exception as follows:

TROUBLESHOOTING
This is a known issue that happens if you move your CLEAR AIR TURBULENCE slider to the extreme right. To fix this make sure you download the latest update (v2.091) here;

1. Using a text editor like Notepad, open your C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml file and verify these entries exist:
(If you cannot find the dll.xml, In WINDOWS, open your CONTROL PANEL / Appearance and Personalization / Folder Options / View / then click on "Show hidden files, folders, and drives)

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>

2. Open your [FSX Install] / Modules folder and verify that these two dlls are there:
- AccuFeelMenu.dll
- A2A_Feel.dll

NOTE:
When you first ran FSX after installing Accu-Feel, you should have been prompted to load the new DLL. If you didn't receive this prompt, then Accu-Feel is not loading.

It sounds like you may need to manually add the lines in or correct any errors. The syntax for the dll.xml in the sim is unfortunately somewhat known to become messed up and is very sensitive to syntax errors.

thanks,
Lewis

Hmm, OK Lewis. Thanks, I'll check it out.

rockliffe
Airman

Post by rockliffe »

Troubleshooting FAQ

REQUIREMENTS
Then the Service Pack 2:

Realism:

TROUBLESHOOTING

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>

- AccuFeelMenu.dll
- A2A_Feel.dll

NOTE:

thanks,
Lewis
Hi Lewis, got it sorted. Adding the lines in the Xml file and installing the update worked.Thanks for the help, appreciated.

rockliffe
Airman

Post by rockliffe »

Troubleshooting FAQ

REQUIREMENTS
Then the Service Pack 2:

Realism:

TROUBLESHOOTING

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
</Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
</Launch.Addon>

- AccuFeelMenu.dll
- A2A_Feel.dll

NOTE:

thanks,
Lewis

Hi Lewis, as per my previous post, all seems to be fine now. Except when I start FSX I continue to get the security warning asking if I want to run the program. This happens every time I start FSX. Any idea how I can cure this? Cheers.

rockliffe
Airman

Post by rockliffe »

No problem, got it sorted. Went into the Accufeel exe and altered the compatibility mode in properties to Win7. Seems to be OK now.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”