Here is the start of a Troubleshooting FAQ for new users. If anyone has anything to add, please just post and we will add it.REQUIREMENTS
Your Microsoft Flight Simulator X must either up to Microsoft FSX Service Pack 2 or the Microsoft Acceleration expansion pack installed.
If you do not have either, then first install Microsoft Flight Simulator X Service Pack 1:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/d ... aae2f0409e
Then the Service Pack 2:http://www.fsinsider.com/downloads/Page ... Pack2.aspx
(The Windows user must have ADMIN rights before installing the product)In Game Settings / Customize
Aircraft Stress Causes Damage - UNCHECKEDMicrosoft Security Essentials Users
If you have Microsoft Security Essentials, be sure to make the exception as follows:TROUBLESHOOTINGThe FSX Add-On / Accu-Feel Setup pull down menu is missing.
1. Using a text editor like Notepad, open your C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml file and verify these entries exist:(If you cannot find the dll.xml, In WINDOWS, open your CONTROL PANEL / Appearance and Personalization / Folder Options / View / then click on "Show hidden files, folders, and drives)
2. Open your [FSX Install] / Modules folder and verify that these two dlls are there:
When you first ran FSX after installing Accu-Feel, you should have been prompted to load the new DLL. If you didn't receive this prompt, then Accu-Feel is not loading.
3. If you have FSUIPC, re-install FSUIPC. From a customer: "Accufeel and FSUIPC did not show in my menu. Ran FSUIPC4. EXE and both reappeared. FSX asked if I accepted a certain.dll to run and then all went well. Found this solution on another site..."
If the above steps do not resolve the issue, report it here on our forums.The Accu-Sim control panel is black.
Download and install the latest drivers for your video card (http://www.ati.com
)I can open my Accu-Feel Setup Control Panel, but all of my sliders are to the left. Nothing saves.
This means the Accu-Feel module and your copy of FSX are not communicating. This can happen when the SimConnect (Microsoft’s system for communicating with custom programs) is corrupt. Run this Microsoft SimConnect installer to make sure your files are fresh: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34075223/downlo ... onnect.msiWhen I run the DirectX Installer in the Accu-Feel setup, it gives me an error.
Try the Microsoft DirectX installer online here:http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35After installing Accu-Feel, FSX crashes.
We have had just known two reports of this. The following solved both issues:
- Run the Microsoft DirectX installer here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
- Run the Microsoft FSX Simconnect installer here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34075223/downlo ... onnect.msi
- Reboot your computerLAST RESORT
If you are one of the very few experiencing an issue that we have not yet come across, and is therefore not listed in this FAQ, please do the following:
Download and run this utility:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34075223/onlin ... Dr_A2A.exe
A little black window will appear with a blinking cursor. This will take about 60 seconds or more to complete. Once this is done, you will have a "Dr_A2A_Report" file next to the Dr_A2A.exe program. Email this to doctor[at]a2asimulations.com.