ACU FEEL not working? [OPEN]

Post any technical issues running the product here
eddie3
Airman

Re: ACU FEEL not working? [FIXED]

Post by eddie3 »

I could check this on the other computer but i`m preety sure the result will be positive as for most of the people, and also pc configuration is quite different so there`s not much sense to do that test.

Also, I`m not very happy with thought of FSX reinstall at that point :)

Think you can find a way to solve this or is it totally ouf of your range and on the simconnect side?

Jetstreamsky
Airman First Class

Re: ACU FEEL not working? [FIXED]

Post by Jetstreamsky »

The [FIXED] tag on the subject title is a little premature, I tried the simconnect donwload and that hasn't fixed anything I'm afraid, I still see the menu with sliders set at various values with two green buttons using the default extra 300 at a default airfield and nothing. :(

Scott - A2A
A2A General

Re: ACU FEEL not working? [IN PROGRESS]

Post by Scott - A2A »

Jetstream, just to confirm:

- The Accu-Feel control panel is accessible, sliders can be moved and saved
- You have tried a clean DLL.XML with just Accu-Feel entries
- You don't hear any sounds, even when opening the canopy

If all the above is try, can you try this DirectX link online?
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35

Scott.
A2A Simulations Inc.

Jetstreamsky
Airman First Class

Post by Jetstreamsky »

Scott,

I missed trying the limited dll.xml, now I have tried that and I had to confirm in FSX for the A2A_Services.dll, this didn't appear in my full dll file for somne reason, nonetheless I ran FSX with the limited file and still do not hear any effects. The menu appears to work fine and does save settings changes I make, even after fully closing FSX and opening once again.

Yes I open the canopy of the Extra 300 without any difference.

I tried the DX file linked, but it just says I have the latest files and doesn't do anything.

I have the Spit and P40 installed and they work fine, although I haven't tried them since installing ACU FEEL.

Jetstreamsky
Airman First Class

Post by Jetstreamsky »

I uninstalled Accu-Feel and used the custom option to see exactly what files it was looking for and discovered that it wanted to remove two folders (although only one existed).

E:\FSX\A2A\Feel

and

E:\FSX\\A2A\Feel

notice the double backslash!

checking the logfile, I see many other references using double backslash (see below)

When I reinstalled Accu-Feel, it said it was installing to E:\FSX\\A2A\Feel

The files seem to be there, but for the small number and size of files it was a slow install process

WEIRD

*** Installation Started 02/27/2012 18:30 ***
Title: Accu-Feel Installation
Source: D:\Temp\Accu-Feel.EXE | 02-24-2012 | 12:48:40 | 8037958
Made Dir: E:\FSX\A2A\Feel
File Copy: E:\FSX\A2A\Feel\A2AfeelInstaller.exe | 02-09-2012 | 13:44:08 | | 164352 | 1cfdc29
File Copy: E:\FSX\A2A\Feel\dxwebsetup.exe | 10-20-2010 | 14:40:46 | 6.0.2600.0 | 288088 | 51763b52
File Copy: E:\FSX\\A2A\Feel\UNWISE.EXE | 07-26-2002 | 16:02:06 | | 153088 | 5be5019b
RegDB Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Accu-Feel
RegDB Val: Accu-Feel
RegDB Name: DisplayName
RegDB Root: 2
RegDB Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Accu-Feel
RegDB Val: E:\FSX\\A2A\Feel\UNWISE.EXE E:\FSX\\A2A\Feel\accu_feel.log
RegDB Name: UninstallString
RegDB Root: 2
File Copy: E:\FSX\\A2A\Feel\Accu-Feel_Manual.pdf | 02-24-2012 | 11:44:56 | | 624957 | 940c95a8
File Copy: E:\FSX\\A2A\Feel\Sounds.pk | 02-22-2012 | 15:17:08 | | 6308644 | e7ab81af
File Copy: E:\FSX\\A2A\Feel\sound_log | 02-22-2012 | 15:17:06 | | 46944 | 77bfd82
File Copy: E:\FSX\\Modules\A2A_Feel.dll | 02-22-2012 | 15:16:36 | | 599552 | da59908b
File Copy: E:\FSX\\Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll | 02-24-2012 | 12:35:52 | 0.1.0.0 | 135168 | f9f91c0b
Shell Link: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\A2A Simulations\Accu-Feel\Accu-Feel Manual.lnk
Link Info: E:\FSX\A2A\Feel\Accu-Feel_Manual.pdf | | | 0 | 1 | 0 |
User Rights: Admin

eddie3
Airman

Post by eddie3 »

I can confirm that this also happens to me.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

A few things from the top of my head just in case they havent been tried (applies if usinf win7);

-Are you guys making sure to install as admin (ONLY way to do this is right click and choose 'run as administrator' having an admin account alone is NOT installing as admin).

-Is FSX installed outside of the default path or at the default program files directory?

-After installing did you restart?

-After installing simconnect fix did you restart and then reinstall Accu-Feel?
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

eddie3
Airman

Post by eddie3 »

Using win XP but in generally yes. The only difference is that restart wasn`t needed after first installation, but I did some after later reinstallations.

Jetstreamsky
Airman First Class

Post by Jetstreamsky »

Win 7 64 bit

As admin right click yes

Reboot not for first try but yes on subsequent tries

Yes not in default C path, different partition with different root folder name ( just E:\FSX)

Yes for simconnect

Are there any registery values we can check to see if they are entered correctly?

Allan

Jetstreamsky
Airman First Class

Post by Jetstreamsky »

Yes the registry is all over the place

for example

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A2A Accu-Sim P-40]
"DisplayName"="A2A Accu-Sim P-40"
"UninstallString"="E:\\FSX\\\\A2A\\P40\\UNWISE.EXE E:\\FSX\\\\A2A\\P40\\accu_p40.log"

and this is the P40 ?????

same thing occurs for the Spitfire and Accu-Feel, but does not occur for any other aircraft freeware or payware.

I don't suppose the uninstallstring makes any real difference, but if this kind of thing happens in a non-human readable entry then that might be causing an issue.

Clutching as straws now, still no joy getting this to work :(

Jetstreamsky
Airman First Class

Re: ACU FEEL not working? [OPEN]

Post by Jetstreamsky »

Well I edited my registry to remove all the double backslashes, but it makes no difference :(

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Everything is installed correctly from the sounds of it, its pointing toward a bad FSX install or a system error re: read/write to the active files. I wonder what Anti-virus software etc you have? Anything at all that could be interfering?

Also sound hardware?

We are having a real hard time trying to reproduce this error the handful or less are having, I even went as far as to reinstall FSX myself and start from scratch.

Jetstreamsky
Airman First Class

Post by Jetstreamsky »

SUCCESS !

I was at the point of facing up to reinstalling FSX and I tried one more test flight. I set the accu-feel sliders to their max noisiness and flew again and whilst idling the engine I thought I could hear something subtle. I went to the FSX sound settings and put all sliders to 50%, which didn't really do much, yet when I selected Q (Sound Off) I found this kills only the MS sounds and now I could more easily hear a hint of other sounds which turned out to be from Accu-Feel. However these were only barely audible and only for tyre squeal and wind rush when diving at VNE. Door opening presented an initial hint of sound then went quiet as did cabin rattling, however braking produced no sound at all.

I went to something heavier and chose the Aerosoft Twotter, this time again with Q sound off, I got a little short squeek for brakes.

Now having heard working effects, it had to be something outside of Accu-feel and started going through the sound card settings, initially not finding much significant, however upon opening up the volume mixer function I found there was a separate slider for FSX, not just devices, but for a program, not seen that before. Anyway that slider was at only 25% of the value that the speaker volume was set to, so i moved it up and Hey Presto! Accu-Feel sounds WORK , well all except for drag from flaps, but that's probably needing more tweaking from me, overall I think I have resolved it, I'm a much happier bunny now.

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Great stuff Jetstream, I thought it would be something simple.

Now eddie3, are you still having issues?

eddie3
Airman

Post by eddie3 »

I did some tests as Jetstreamsky said, however I don`t have any separate FSX audio slider. Anyway, I launched accu feel and muted FSX sounds by "Q" key and haven`t heard any sound at all, but my issue is a little different to his- Jetstreamsky had accu feel launched with proper configuration(just no in-game effects), mine shows no config at all as each slider is set to far left position and no changes are saved after restart.

By the way, I checked a2a Piper Cub again and it works fine.

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”