Confused...but what's new.

Post any technical issues running the product here
new reply
dpoos
Airman Basic

Confused...but what's new.

Post by dpoos »

Sir,

I am a bit confused about using Accu-Feel in P3d. I had it working in P3dV3.4. I have now upgraded to P3DV4.1. When I run the latest update (A2A_Update_10_12_17) it starts to run, then gives me the following error message: "The installer could not locate the A2A_Accusim.dll file that should be located in your GAUGES folder. If you need assistance please post a message on our technical support forums."
I have checked the P3DV4.1 "gauges" folder and see two folders (accusim, accusim.xml) and a separate dll file called A2A_accusim.dll . Also in my P3DV4.1 directory I have a folder A2A, a subfolder under that for Gauges, and in that folder I see the same folders of accusim, accusim.xml and the A2A_accusim.dll file.

My P3DV4.1 is located on my D drive (having both a C and D drive set up). I also have P3DV3.4 on the D drive as well, but as I said before, Accusim is working Ok on P3DV3.4 I've never gotten it to install or work on P3DV4.1 which is what is confusing me as one of your posts states that update ...10_12_17 is also for P3DV4.1.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I love your products and own your 172, P40, Connie, T-6 and am looking forward to buying more once they all get moved over to P3DV4.1

Thank you,
Dean Poos

speedy70
Senior Master Sergeant

Re: Confused...but what's new.

Post by speedy70 »

The update you are talking about is for ACCUSIM not ACCUFEEL.

Cheers Chris

Lewis - A2A
A2A Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Lewis - A2A »

Hello,

yes if you could clarify which products you are trying to use in P3Dv4 it would help.

For example, Accu-feel is not available as of the time of this post for any P3D platform, it is solely an FSX product.

thanks,
Lewis - A2A
A2A Facebook for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Youtube because a video can say a thousand screenshots,..
A2A Simulations Twitter for news live to your social media newsfeed
A2A Simulations Community Discord for voice/text chat

dpoos
Airman Basic

Post by dpoos »

Thank you for the replies, and forgive my ignorance. The program that I am attempting to use in P3Dv4.1 is the one that automatically goes through each of your installed A2A aircraft and updates them to the latest version for the version of P3d you are running.

I have both P3dV3.4 and now P3dV4.1 installed. I have installed my T6, Connie, P40 and C172 in to each version of P3d. I was trying to run this program for the aircraft now installed in P3dV4.1 to make sure that they were all up to date for P3dV4.1. That is when I got the error described in my first post.

I do understand that the other program is only for FSX.
Again, thank you for your assistance.
Dean

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Hello Dean and welcome to the A2A forums.

The installation logic for A2A products for Prepar3D v4 has changed a bit compared to that for P3Dv3. This is to bring the process in line with Lockheed Martin's protocol which recommends installing add-ons outside of the main P3Dv4 directory.

The default installation location for P3Dv4 products is now the "Prepar3D v4 add-ons" folder in the main "Documents" directory. However, it's possible to pick a different directory if required.

Please can you confirm which directory you are installing the A2A products into?

Another more fundamental thing to check is that you're actually using the P3Dv4 version of the various A2A product installers? A separate P3Dv4 installer is available for each of the T-6, L-049 and Cessna 172 but installation of the P-40 into P3D is not supported yet. However, I believe A2A have plans to release P3Dv4 versions of the warbirds in future.

Thanks,
Nick

dpoos
Airman Basic

Post by dpoos »

Nick,

Thank you. That did the trick. It appears that when I installed the A2A aircraft in to P3DV4.1 I overlooked the warning screen that if you install them in a non-standard location, it effects other things. The solution was to uninstall all the previously installed A2A aircraft out of P3DV4.1 and simply install them again letting the install program place them where they need to be.

The most recent Accu-sim updater program now runs fine.

One more question. Where are the aircraft.cfg files for the A2A aircraft in P3DV4.1? I'm referring to the aircraft.cfg files that allow you to modify them to add new textures/paints to the aircraft....the files that used to be under P3DV## , Simobjects, Aircraft (Rotorcraft, Boats, Weapons, etc.), Aircraft name, aircraft.cfg?

Again,
Thank you for you time and help.
Dean

Mazo
Technical Sergeant

Post by Mazo »

Dean, now that you have installed your A2A aircraft into the default path for P3DV4.x, the aircraft .cfg files are located as follows:
Documents/Prepar3d v4 Add-ons/A2A/SimObjects/Airplanes/ (all the A2A aircraft will be in this section. Open whatever one you need and the Aircraft.cfg will be there.

Hope this helps.
[*]2021 Jetline Systems GTX, [email protected], EVGA RTX 3080ti 12GB, 64GB Memory 3200MHz, Win11 64 Pro, P3DV5.3, FS2020

In memory of my fallen Brothers in Arms in Viet Nam - may they Rest in Peace.

Nick - A2A
A2A Captain

Post by Nick - A2A »

Thanks for the update Dean - pleased to hear you're back in business. :)

Lyn has answered your other question perfectly, but if you have any more queries, please give us a shout.

Cheers,
Nick

new reply

Return to “Accu-Feel Technical Support”